cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ilegal silent phone calls from plusnet

samuria
Grafter

Ilegal silent phone calls from plusnet

I have been receiving illegal silent calls from 08003280039 which is Plusnet number Friday at 12:06 Monday 12:36 12:38 Tuesday 7:34 the phone rings and when picked up just goes dead this has been going on for a week but only last few day in my phone logs. I have reported it on Twitter and on forums which has been removed. I rang and it took over 30 mins to get through  the agent said its not a Plusnet number but thats the number I called him on.

Question 182757864 to track an issue on your account.

Dear Mr Wright,

Thank you for getting in touch.

I have added call display and Plusnet call protect to your phone service.

Also, regarding the number 0800 328 0039, like I've tried to explained, that's not a Plusnet number.

Kind regards,

[Removed]

I am over 70 years old and I dont want to be subjected to this abuse get it sorted you will be aware you can be fined up to £2 million  for this

Ofcom tackles abandoned and silent calls and has published a policy statement for industry aimed at reducing the harm caused by these calls.

Where someone is repeatedly making abandoned and/or silent calls, Ofcom may take enforcement action, including fining the caller up to £2 million.

Ofcom continually monitors complaints about abandoned and silent calls and can launch an investigation if it believes a caller is not following the law.

I have emailed your CEO  [Removed]

Moderator's note by Adie (Dvorak) CSA name removed as per Forum rules also removed ceo email

9 REPLIES 9
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: Ilegal silent phone calls from plusnet

Not sure why think that’s a PN number? I can’t find any evidence to say that it is.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Even if it is a Plusnet number how do you know that it's not been spoofed?

My advice is to buy a phone with a built in call blocker such as  https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Advanced-Cordless-Nuisance-Answering-Black/dp/B0787H2X6Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa.... This will solve all your nuisance call problems.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

samuria
Grafter

Simply dial the number and plus net answers
A1
Hooked

How quickly does it answer?

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@samuria wrote:
Simply dial the number and plus net answers

I'm not saying it wasn't Plusnet calling you. The point I was trying to make is that if the number has been spoofed then if you ring it back you will get Plusnet. However,  if you had actually answered the call at the time then it could have been a rogue organisation pretending to be Plusnet.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Hello @samuria,

We are sincerely sorry to hear you are receiving these calls. I can see you have raised this with our complaints team, which has been appointed a case handler who will be in touch at some point today to discuss this with you.

We are really sorry for any inconvenience caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"My advice is to buy a phone with a built in call blocker such as  https://www.amazon.co.uk/BT-Advanced-Cordless-Nuisance-Answering-Black/dp/B0787H2X6Q/ref=sr_1_1_sspa.... This will solve all your nuisance call problems."

Sound advice, but bear in mind that not every 70+ year old can just find £40/50 to do that.

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

I'd guess that this is an old long forgotten 0800 xxxxxx number which is still configured?

I'll raise it for investigation, but given the current round of Billing issues it will be low priority.

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hiya,

I'm looking into the cause of this. If we called you the number would show as withheld, there'd also be a a footprint on your account where we'd accessed it and there isn't.

OK so we've got to the bottom of it and your complaints advisor will be in touch to explain what the issue was.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager