If you think that Plusnet is bad then check out BT

https://community.bt.com/ is well worth viewing

6 REPLIES 6
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: If you think that Plusnet is bad then check out BT

@daveplus

On the basis that they are both owned by BT Plc (the same parent company), and are now considered to be large companies with equally large user-bases, is it a shock to see things get messed up? 

People will naturally complain when things go wrong, but how many will praise when someone REALLY helps the?

Kind Regards,

CJT
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

I will. I moved from PN to BT, last May, for fibre and landline and have nothing but praise for their customer service. Something that, in my case, was lacking with PN in the way a fault was dealt with.

Subsequent general dealings (only a couple) since have also been satisfactory. In fact, I've just started with BT Mobile and their service has been excellent - so far. e.g. online chat works and able to speak to someone by phone within a couple of minutes.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@newagetraveller

don't get me wrong I didn't say BT was bad.. but not everyone had a rosy experience with BT and some don't with PN.

At least both have a Community forum 

Kind Regards,

CJT
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@newagetraveller: That is similar to my experience with Plusnet for the last 8+ years. The only problem I have ever had was a result of roadworks very near my fibre cabinet.

@CJT-80: You are right on both posts although the times for PN to respond to phone calls seems to have increased substantially quite recently.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@daveplus wrote:

@CJT-80: You are right on both posts although the times for PN to respond to phone calls seems to have increased substantially quite recently.

@daveplus

Could that be due to a substantial increase in customer numbers since they were acquired by the BT Group?  I am aware they have 2 call centres (Sheffield and Leeds) and I think Leeds is fairly new, so I guess they are limited by how many staff they can employ... 

Having called them myself yesterday (for my parents) I have to say the colleague I spoke to was amazing... she did everything she could to help! 

Kind Regards,

CJT
Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

@CJT-80 wrote:

@daveplus

People will naturally complain when things go wrong, but how many will praise when someone REALLY helps the?

Because we are entitled to a reasonable level of service and have a right to complain when we don't get that.  On this forum it's quite easy to show our appreciation;  I've even clicked on the Thumbs Up button on a reply that had nothing to do with me, but simply because the member of staff was trying to help in his own time and I felt he should be thanked for that.  However, would you really wait on the phone for 45 minutes just to thank someone for the help they gave you after you'd waited 45 minutes the last time?

It seems to me that if you can avoid using their support services, many (most?) ISPs are not that bad; it's when things go wrong that we find out who are the good, bad, or mediocre ones.