cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you're thinking of joining Plusnet.. DON'T!

FIXED
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: If you're thinking of joining Plusnet.. DON'T!

If you are on Windows 10 go in to Update & Security, under the Update settings select Advanced options, then Delivery Optimisation.

Make sure you do NOT have "PCs on my local network, and PCs on the Internet" selected.

If you do have that selected and other settings are at default you could be potentially be uploading up to 500GB of Microsoft patches to other users.

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Fix

Hi @colourrepublic

Whilst I haven't had chance to complete the look into it your situation yet, as you've been with us for so long I have been able to jump in and change you to an unlimited product and remove your extra usage charges. Feel free to use as much data as you wish until the migration to Virgin is complete.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Top marks to @JonoH for doing the right thing!

colourrepublic
Dabbler

Thank you @JonoH It's very much appreciated.

After so many years it's a shame i'm leaving. If my package was changed, as you have just done, I would still be a Plusnet customer and would have singed up to a new 18 month contract. But as mentioned before, I was told by 3 different Plusnet employees it wasn't possible to do it immediately and so I felt I had no option but to leave.

I also have to thank the Super Users in their help on this, especially @Townman who took an interest and without his help I doubt this would have had the same outcome. So thank you once again @Townman. However I am aware this forum and the Super Users role, is a mechanism put in place by Plusnet as a safety net for customers who feel let down or given incorrect information by Customers Services. So for that Plusnet do deserve some credit.

Ultimately I am still moving over to Vodafone as the wheels are already in motion, But it's no longer with a bitter taste in the mouth. In addition if anybody asks about Plusnet in the future I can tell them that whilst it was a bit of a slog, I was very happy with the final outcome, so can't have too many complaints.

I have had good service from Plusnet over the years, without too many issues. It's a shame call waiting times are so long at the moment, which it never used to be and was one of the main reasons I first signed up all those years ago. Who knows, if that can be tackled I may well be a Plusnet customer again in the future.

Many thanks once again Thumbs_Up

colourrepublic
Dabbler

Hi @jelv

Thanks for the suggestion, but no that is already turned off. I think I remember it being one of the questions asked when setting up Win10 and my response being 'Hell No!!!' 

I routinely disable all those sorts of data transfer when setting up new devices, not only for unnecessary bandwidth, but also privacy, as although many state it's anonymous, all data can be manipulated/queried to reveal it's source and profile. (I'll take my tin hat back off now)

Hopefully your info will help others who read this thread though Thumbs_Up

simmotech
Grafter

I tried Retensions yesterday - he told me he would check something with his manager and call back in 15 minutes but didn't.

Tried again today and was so [-Censored-] off with '[CSA Removed]' being an arrogant git, I am definitely leaving now.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name(s) removed (to an area staff can see) as per Forum rules.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Avoidance of swear filter edited as per Forum rules.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Email from thinkbroadband this morning contained this (the red is my highlight):

This week's featured offer

• TalkTalk Unlimited Faster Fiber £22.50/m
  • Up to 38 Mbps down, up to 9.5 Mbps up FTTC service
  • Fixed price guarantee on a 12 month contract
  • No set up fee
  • Includes line rental
  • Standard price £33.50/m
  • Up to 76 Mbps version available for £25/m
  • Existing TalkTalk Fibre customers should be able to benefit by agreeing to a 12 month contract extension
  • Offer end 28th March 2018

view full offer details

Plusnet continually compete with TalkTalk so why do they not match them on this and give their existing customers a similar offer?

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@simmotech‘S Comments relate to wanting product options not offered - see here https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Why-only-a-300-International-minutes-option/m-p/1519856

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.