cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I ask to be notified by email why does CSC try and phone....? (57759919)

dratddestroyer
Grafter

If I ask to be notified by email why does CSC try and phone....? (57759919)

Hello,
I phoned up about a login authentication problem.
I tried the test login and that failed so I put my normal login and password back in the router as asked. The CSC said he would raise a fault.
The CSC asked for a phone number to call me back on and I said I am not allowed personal phone calls at work. I asked to be emailed instead and was told that would be OK.
The next day I get an email from another CSC.
[tt]Username ******
We are pleased to be able to inform you that a member of our Customer Support
Centre has now escalated your Question [number  57759919 ]
for further investigation.
The following comment was added to the Question
Dear Mr B*****,
I tried to call you this morning but there was no answer and no option to leave a voicemail.
We can see your connection is back on now. It is a little unclear as to what caused the issue. It could have been down to maintenance work by our suppliers. Please let us know if you experience further problems.
Kind regards,
J******* H****
[/tt]

Can somebody in PN towers please ask why the CSC tried to phone me?
Yes, please ask him why he tried to call and please give his explanation.
Thanks in advance,
Drat.
14 REPLIES 14
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: If I ask to be notified by email why does CSC try and phone....? (57759919)

Check the ticket to see if it was actually noted that you didn't want a call.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately, it was noted in the additional details section of the fault. There's also a note on the account advising to send SMS updates rather than to call on the account, so it's not good from the agent in question.
I've sent feedback regarding this and will confirm when it's been picked up by his TL, but I'm very disappointed. Really sorry about that, dratdestroyer.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Thank you for the apology Matt.
Can you please ask the TL to ask the CSC why he phoned and then let me have the reply?
Drat.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

He made a mistake and missed the comments to SMS you, there's not anything more to it than that.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Dear Chris,
I do not understand why you are talking about SMS.
I originally wrote the following:
[tt]The CSC asked for a phone number to call me back on and I said I am not allowed personal phone calls at work.I asked to be emailed instead and was told that would be OK.[/tt]

May I suggest you read thread again beginning with the title and try again?
Can you please arrange for an answer the question I have asked two times now?
[tt]Can you please ask the TL to ask the CSC why he phoned and then let me have the reply?[/tt]

I believe the CSC has the right to reply. He can leave a private reply on the ticket.
Thank you,
Drat.
dsw
Grafter

Why are you making such a big issue about this? A mistake was made, the staff member in question spoken to. What more do you want?
Mountain out of a molehill...
The answer to your question is above. Chris gave it.
Chris
Legend

Not all CSC staff post on this forum and I'm really not sure what else he could add that hasn't already been said? He made a mistake and missed the comment that said not to call you, simple human error.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
dratddestroyer
Grafter

Dear dsw,
The issue is it keeps happening. In my opinion there is no mountain out of a molehill.
Management need to address the apparent culture of not reading all the notes before diving in.
For example, in this thread Matt Taylor wrote about SMS when that was not the issue.
Drat.
Dear Chris,
[tt]I believe the CSC has the right to reply. He can leave a private reply on the ticket.[/tt]

May I suggest you ask him to apologise on the ticket (57759919), which he does have access to.
Drat.
dsw
Grafter

What number is he calling you on? Can you not remove that number from your profile so that they no longer see this number?
He's probably too busy helping other customers. I mean, that is what he's paid to do? Why do you need multiple apologies from different members of the Plusnet staff? You've had your apology. Why not settle for that? Go and enjoy the sunshine and stop worrying about this mistake. You're wasting your life...
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Broadband must have a telephone number - if there's no other number given they will call that so it isn't as simple as removing the number from the account details.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

dsw, whilst, I accept the element of mountain out of molehill, I do agree with his broader point about agents not reading ticket history, or checking other relevant facts before responding. He's right, there is an apparent culture and it has been going on too long and is something management need to address in Training. This is not the first time this has been pointed out either.
dsw
Grafter

No I don't disagree with that point at all, in fact I totally agree. I work with a lot of support companies and it bugs me when they don't read the notes properly and have me cover old ground for example or ask for information which is already available in the notes. In those cases I am the first to complain in exactly the same way. What I don't agree with, however, is the OPs continued request to get the agent to make some form of apology either on here or in the ticket. It's not needed and I don't see really what it achieves? Chris has already apologised on behalf of Plusnet and the agent.
As for "Broadband must have a telephone number - if there's no other number given they will call that so it isn't as simple as removing the number from the account details. " - I know. But the broadband number isn't going to be their work number which from what I understand is where they got the call?
Chris
Legend

Whilst I appreciate that there have been threads previously where agents haven't read the full ticket, or have missed bits while replying I don't think it's a culture. Mistakes happen, our support staff handle 1000's of contacts per week and a small fraction of them are going to be susceptible to human error.
@dratdestroyer
I don't actually know the agent in question personally but I've spoken to their Team Leader who had addressed this with them. Having them post an apology on your ticket isn't going to fix the mistake they made, for which I'm sorry happened in the first place.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

jim:post As this thread is going nowhere and the OP has received a full explanation I have locked it mod:end