Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

You're assigned an Infonet IP at the moment so could well be. What bank was it, and did the site decline the payment directly or was it via one of those secure 3D gateways or similar?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

nbk
Grafter

I'm not going to say the bank on here Smiley
But it did redirect to the banks secure authorisation site
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Another one here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136212.0.html with IP address 146.199.184.***
malanc

I have not been able to log in to the uk national lottery site today for the first time ever, it says I am outside the uk.
my external ip address seems to be 146.199.49.xxx could this be the problem?
Mark
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

yes - please disconnect leave for a couple of minutes then reconnect via the router interface
This isn't a resync but it should change you IP address
malanc

thanks Jim that fixed it  Smiley
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

This is odd because on the several occasions I've been able to replicate a problem with the National Lottery site, I've been unable. If it happens to anybody else then I'd appreciate it if they could forward me a screen grab.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I'm wondering if the problems accessing certain sites I've been having recently, as described in this thread:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,136501.0.html
are related to the topic discussed in this one? My IP is in the range 146.200.178.xxx, which appears to be one of the problem ones previously assigned to Infonet and now used by Plusnet.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It's possible. Easiest way to narrow it down would be to disconnect/reconnect and see if the problem persists?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

That may solve the problem for me, at least for a while. But shouldn't Plusnet be dealing with the root cause of the problem and getting these IP's formally re-assigned from Infonet, otherwise they are going to continue causing problems for those customers who happen to be randomly allocated one?
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I know there's a lot of pages on this thread, but the first couple do cover your query as to what Plusnet are doing.
Closest analogy is probably the scenario where every sat nav provider has to update their software when postcodes are added, and some will respond faster than others.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: NorthPole
That may solve the problem for me, at least for a while. But shouldn't Plusnet be dealing with the root cause of the problem and getting these IP's formally re-assigned from Infonet...

The answer to this supposition is in some of my earlier contributions to this thread.
We can approach Mailinator/Fastone etc. ourselves, however before doing so, I'd want to be sure that the problem /is/ related to the 146.200.0.0/16 IP range. That can be easily ascertained from you disconnecting/reconnecting. If it 'fixes' things then we can try replicating the issue here. Assuming we can, we'll reach out to Mailinator etc.
Having said that, the symptoms you describe aren't typical of your usual geolocation problems.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

NorthPole
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Bob
I'd want to be sure that the problem /is/ related to the 146.200.0.0/16 IP range. That can be easily ascertained from you disconnecting/reconnecting. If it 'fixes' things then we can try replicating the issue here. Assuming we can, we'll reach out to Mailinator etc.

I can reach both Mailinator and Faststone sites from my brother's PC over a Plusnet connection, and his IP is currently not in the range in question - just saying.
matthews
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Have you got anything else you can use (mobile phone, tablet etc) you can try on your connection to rule out it being your computer/firewall/AV?
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Quote from: NorthPole
Quote from: Bob
I'd want to be sure that the problem /is/ related to the 146.200.0.0/16 IP range. That can be easily ascertained from you disconnecting/reconnecting. If it 'fixes' things then we can try replicating the issue here. Assuming we can, we'll reach out to Mailinator etc.

I can reach both Mailinator and Faststone sites from my brother's PC over a Plusnet connection, and his IP is currently not in the range in question - just saying.

Different PC, different connection. Is there a reason why you don't want to drop your own connection? I can do it from here if that would help?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team