Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: IP addresses not UK - Can customers please report any problems here

Sorry, I meant to say 'Canadian' in my previous post (the French language hyperlink is a dead giveaway).
It would have made perfect sense had it been Californian.
I've duly edited my post. Thanks for calling it out.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

No problem  Grin
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

I've been asked to report my experience here.
PN's SMTP server will not recognise mail submitted from 146.199.97.210 as coming from a customer and rejects it with "Relay denied"
PN's main home page cannot handle requests from that address and fails with an Internal Server Error.
It appears PN has not fully propagated these new addresses through its systems and I suppose that is what this thread is for, but most customers are not sufficiently savvy to realise why things suddenly don't work, so don't think to report here.
I suspect most of the problems customers are suddenly experiencing in recent days can be attributed to this change, not just the ones reported on this thread.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: kjpetrie
PN's SMTP server will not recognise mail submitted from 146.199.97.210 as coming from a customer and rejects it with "Relay denied"

This was fixed on Monday afternoon.
PN's main home page cannot handle requests from that address and fails with an Internal Server Error.

This I was unable to replicate when assigned an IP from the same block, so I'd appreciate it if people can shout up if they experience the same issue.
It appears PN has not fully propagated these new addresses through its systems and I suppose that is what this thread is for...

On this occasion, we did neglect to add the IP's to the relay ACL. The thread is intended more for sites that 'see' these IP's as being American though, something that would cause problems when accessing certain UK-based services like iPlayer and the National Lottery.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

petecov44
Grafter

Hi Bob,
Maybe it was Chrome? It said to me something like "use google.ca or keep using google.co.uk" but I ignored it and the next time I went to google It was google.ca
My cache and history and cookies etc all clear when I shut chrome so I have no idea why it happened.
mikko
Grafter

It happened to me for the first time today.
My ip address is reported as 146.199.49.66 and the national lottery site won't let me log in, see attached screen cap.
It's the same with chrome and opera.
mikko
Grafter

Rebooted the router, got a different ip address (now 146.90.73.34) and national lottery can now be logged into (probably saved me a fortune!)
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 253

As a point of interest, Speedtest.net thinks I'm with Infonet (IP146.199.72.154)
John
Rev

Hello all,
I joined Plusnet earlier this week.
Today I tried to use Paypal, but I was unable to pay as the geo-location of my IP resolves to California Sad
I've tried rebooting, but keep getting assigned the same IP. 
Is there anyway I can fix this?  My google account is reporting the non-UK logins as unusual activity.
Thanks
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

What IP do you get?
or http://www.whoismyisp.org/ and it states your ISP at the top of the page.
NE
Ex Plusnet Fibre customer. Sky Ultrafast (G.Fast) Customer using a Sky Hub 4.2. If you wish to say thanks, please click the thumbs up Thumbs_Up
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It's one of the troublesome 146.199.xxx.xxx ones.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Pro

Are the servers located in the US?
I would love to have the US domain as then I could watch US TV shows without the use of Hola!
Rev

I'm on the one 146.199.xx.xxx ones.
It reports on some checkers as being UK, but most as California.  Wish I could get it to change now, my online banking will not work now Sad
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Hi Rev,
Welcome to the forums.
This is a bit of a pain as some service providers do not maintain current data on geolocation for IP addresses.  The best that you can do for yourself is to log into the router and keep dropping / reconnecting the PPP (internet) session until you see an IP address which is not in the 146.199 range.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Alternatively you could activate a STATIC IP address on your account, as those addresses are not taken from the 146.199.X.X range.
The instructions to do this are here - How to switch between a dynamic & static address - for a one time payment of £5.
Having a static IP address is also useful for setting up a TBB Broadband Quality Monitor, or a Hurricane Electric IPv6 Tunnel Broker connection.
Wink