cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would like to terminate my contract with PlusNet

pitchfader

I would like to terminate my contract with PlusNet

Dear Sirs
It is with regret that I write on your public forum to request the termination of my PlusNet contract, and hereby ask that a MAC code is issued to me.
Following many problems with my PlusNet service, I have now run out of patience and feel that the service I am receiving from PlusNet does falls well short of my expectations of what is both an acceptable standard of broadband provision and value for money.
Following my previous post regarding the known speed issues, you were quick to offer a resolution to my issues which was appreciated. However, in my post I actually asked for details on how to terminate my contract. Giving PlusNet the benefit of the doubt, and in hope that your speedy response to my query was a sign that things would improve, I decided not to take this up further and to continue with the improved service. Unfortunately, this level of service has continued to worsen rendering our broadband service nearly useless.
Below is the latest speedtest that I have carried out on our line:

Given my patience, politeness, understanding so far and the time I have now wasted, I kindly ask that PlusNet now honour my request to terminate my contract.
Regards,
Matt Alexander
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I would like to terminate my contract with PlusNet

This is not an official support channel - they will not issue you with a MAC as a result of posting here - the Plusnet T&C's quite clearly state that you have to ring in to request a MAC.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pierre_pierre
Grafter

out of interest on your other posting, did any one ever tell you that downloads on Premium are heavily throttled as they are considered to be none time sensitive, whereas the Pro package runs at line speed  see http://www.kitz.co.uk/isp/plusnet_shaping.htm
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's amazing how many people look at the price and the allowance but don't look at the traffic shaping aspects!
pitchfader: If your peak usage can be kept below 20GB per month you really should look at changing to Pro - you'd find it's a totally different experience (and you still get unlimited overnight usage).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
Following many problems with my PlusNet service, I have now run out of patience and feel that the service I am receiving from PlusNet does falls well short of my expectations of what is both an acceptable standard of broadband provision and value for money.

I'm sorry to hear that, however looking at your account you don't appear to have raised a ticket since July? If we don't know you're having problems we can't help to fix them.
It is with regret that I write on your public forum to request the termination of my PlusNet contract, and hereby ask that a MAC code is issued to me.

As a few others have said, you'll need to give our cancellations team a ring on 0845 140 6002.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.