cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to know how many people agree

pjb7035

I want to know how many people agree

Just want to see how many people would actually like Plusnet to offer different dates for debiting bills.
9 REPLIES 9
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: I want to know how many people agree

My billing date is the 3rd which suits me fine.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

It doesn't make the slightest difference to me what date I'm billed........just as long as it's only once a month.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
pjb7035

My billing date is the 19th.
All of my other bills are paid on the 1st of the month because I get paid on the 29th of each month so would love the 3rd of each month or better still the 1st.
I was lead to believe that EVERY Plusnet customer was billed on the same date.
Hmmmm, lied too yet again!
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Quote from: pjb7035
I was lead to believe that EVERY Plusnet customer was billed on the same date.

....and they are.
You are billed every 19th
jelv is billed every 3rd
and I am billed every 8th
But is suspect that is not how you interpreted it. Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Billing dates are set by the date your broadband is activated, so yours will have been activated on the 19th.
I have seen people ask for their billing date to be changed in the past; on nearly every occasion it has gone wrong and caused grief for several weeks. It's not something that is supposed to be allowed.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Some companies (credit cards being an example) allow you to choose a billing date (or range) at the start of the contract - it then normally remains fixed for future months.  This might be a reasonable compromise for PlusNet since changing billing dates does seem to cause problems and the first month usually involves one-off costs and, possibly, other adjustments so it shouldn't be too difficult to handle the charge from activation to first (chosen) billing date manually.
One problem would be initial 'X' months discounted deals as the discount could end mid-month in the billing cycle requiring another manual adjustment at the end of the discount period.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

My billing date is 6th of the month.  No problem Cool Cool
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

To choose the date at sign up may be a reasonable thing to ask, but to have it changed after that has caused problems as others have explained.
In any event for the latter to happen, it increases Plusnet's costs - you want to pay more for your Broadband? (I don't). Perhaps if Plusnet changed the system to allow it, those requesting the change should pay a one-off admin fee for the change.
pjb7035

Cheesy
Thanks to everyone who commented.
I did actually solve the problem by requesting a MAC code and my billing date was changed immediately.
If the system of billing dates had been explained properly to me on sign up i.e the day your broadband is activated is your billing date I would have asked for a broadband activation date around the 1st 2nd 3rd which i assume would not have been out of the realms of possibility.
As for a one off cost to those wanting to change billing dates I would have gladly paid a nominal fee for the cost to Plusnet of doing this but I can't help feeling this would then pose the same problems and raise the same arguments as Bank Charges, electronic so why should it cost?
I have 7 other DDs on the same day. All of those companies allowed me to choose my own DD day after my first payment.
So perhaps if Plusnet explained that you can actually choose your billing date by choosing the date of your broadband activation?Huh