cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to cancel my contact and get my money back

crewedave

I want to cancel my contact and get my money back

For MONTHS my connection was below par. I couldn't have openzone out because, surprise, I work. Then some bright spark rest my line and all was well.
Then when I was between jobs I had fibre installed. I'm getting half speed and dropouts. Support messed around for a fortnight... I'm back in work now so they have missed their chance to get openzone in. Noone appears to have responded to my question for a week.  Over the Weekend I asked for a line reset by CoP today... No response.
I have now had enough. I want out of the 18 month fibre contract, and my line rental that I paid in advance for refunded, so I can find another provider who actually has a clue.  Slow speed I can choose with... Ignorance and unskilled support staff I won't.
Cheers
Dave
4 REPLIES 4
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: I want to cancel my contact and get my money back

I cannot see that that is going to happen, Dave.  I don't think the advance line rental is refundable and there are heavy financial penalties to get out of your contract early.  Unless you are prepared to lose a lot of money your best bet is to persist with Plusnet Support to get your problems fixed then, if you still feel aggrieved, vote with your feet when your contract expires.       
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to see that you have a fault, I'm going to make sure we get this sorted for you. I've raised a fault with our suppliers and I'm waiting for an update.
I've also added further details onto your fault ticket and I'll keep you in the loop with what is happening.
It does look like a line reset is going to be required also, this will need to be done via an engineer.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

In their infinite wisdom OpenReach have blocked ISPs from submitting line resets for FTTC in the way they could do on ADSL. Now they have to book an engineers appointment!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

That can hardly be because Openreach have lots of engineers sitting around kicking their heals and waiting for something to do, can it?