cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I ve paid for my internet package on the 26th of November and still waiting...

cnvieira

I ve paid for my internet package on the 26th of November and still waiting...

Unfortunately this is true....and after reading the letter i ve sent to Plusnet on the 7th of january, remember that the story has not ended..last week an engineer did not show up, called, and i was told that i should pay plus 50 pounds....please read carefully the letter i sent and that still has no answer, and obviously i did not get any phone call, email from Plusnet. Enjoy!
P.s. I ve paid for my internet package on the 26th of November and still i dont have internet at home Wink
To whom it may concern,
We all have been, and will be,  customers in all kind of services, and we all had our bad experiences as customers. What im about to tell you is the most incredible customer service I have ever seen in my life, and only humour had saved me from a heart attack, well, maybe Xmas mood helped as well.
The story starts on the 26th of November 2013, the day I had decided becoming a Plusnet customer, paying my broadband services package. The end of the story, still nobody knows…but meanwhile…
I was told at the time that I would need an engineer to install a phone line, so I paid something like 49, 99 pounds. Mainly because I did not have any phone to plug in (how many people do you think have a phone to plug in and check the nr?) to check a hypothetical phone nr. There was some kind of socket ( BT Open reach) but since there was no indication of any phone line on your computers and because I was urgently needing internet, I demanded and paid for an engineer to solve the problem.
One week later I got an email and sms saying that a router had been sent by mail and that I would have my net service working on the 16th of December. I then asked when would the engineer go to my place since I hadn’t had any confirmation.
We are on the 16th of December and I got an email and sms saying that no engineer is in fact needed. Obviously, I asked for my money back. Can you guess the answer? Sure, you will be refunded!
3 minutes(!) later I got an email asking me again to plug in a phone and check if there is a phone nr.
And then, another one saying that in fact, I will need an engineer and that phone line will be installed on the 9th of January 2014! I am more and less counting 43 days since I made my first payment.
To be honest, at this time I did not know what to answer…
I demanded a discount on the services after all this mess and I was told that I should call Plusnet to discuss this…..Jesus, does anyone know anything about custom services at Plusnet? After what happened you still think it’s the customer who should call you? Well, at least I am writing you a letter. But, wait, not over yet!
Today is the 18/12/13 and I just got a phone call from a BT engineer saying he is at my door to install a phone line. Poor guy, it’s freezing outside and I am miles away at the office and unable to open the door.
Merry Xmas, Plusnet!
P.s. If you think you should check my account and all these magnificent stories, my user name is cnvieira, my pass is ....., and my phone nr is <removed>
jim:green Phone number removed but noted for staff mod:end

5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I ve paid for my internet package on the 26th of November and still waiting...

Hi cnvieira,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, and really sorry things have happened the way they have. Firstly, I assure you your letter has been received and added to your account - it's with our complaints team now and they'll pick it up as soon as they're able to.
With regard to the order, it looks like originally it was cancelled by the existing supplier which was the cause of the first delay. We were then able to replace the order for you, and booked the appointment for the 9th Jan. Unfortunately our suppliers advised of a delay on the order, and weren't able to send an engineer out (though they did advise the engineer wasn't able to gain access, which we'll be investigating).
Unfortunately that's where we are as things stand, we'd be happy to chase the order for you and find out what's happening if you're happy to carry on with things? Of course we'll make sure you aren't charged for the time the service hasn't been active and will be happy to look into some kind of goodwill gesture. As I said, your complaints ticket will be picked up as soon as the team can do.
Please let us know if you'd like to carry on with things, and sorry again for the trouble it's been so far.
cnvieira

Re: I ve paid for my internet package on the 26th of November and still waiting...

Hi Matt,
I definitely want to carry on if " we'll make sure you aren't charged for the time the service hasn't been active and will be happy to look into some kind of goodwill gesture" you explain me exactly what you mean by goodwill gesture, since of course i wouldnt even think about paying or being charged for a service, because since i ve been your client ( 26 th of November) nothing similar to the word service has ever happened.
I have a router that you sent me, but the 1st time the enginees went to my place i was never told he was coming and last week, my girlfriend did not go to work and waited for 7 hours and nothing....not even a phone call. Then i got an email saying that my details were not correct and that was the reason why he did not show up!!!  I dont know who was lying, engineer or Plusnet, since i had sent my girlfirends phone number and i got a confirmation sms saying that plusnet had got the information, and of course the address hadnt been changed since the last time the BT engineer went to my door without me being warned.
Im so fed up with this situation, so i wonder if and when you are going to install it and what kind goodwill gesture you re planning, otherwise i will go to small claims court and choose another internet provider.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

The missed appointment payment paid by OpenReach is £45 - see http://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/updates/briefings/generalbriefings/generalbriefingsarticles/gen...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Unfortunately I can't advise what it'll be as each one is investigated on its own merits once the orders (or faults) in question are complete. As that's not the case here yet I can't say I'm afraid, just that we'll be happy to look at it once the order's done. In all likelihood though this will be picked up and addressed as part of the complaint you've made.
I'll ask our provisioning team to chase this order up for you and advise when it should be installed - unfortunately our suppliers haven't advised of any updates since the order was moved to delayed status on the 9th, so we'll get you that update as soon as we can.
cnvieira

HI,
Unfortunately, unfortunately is the word i have been reading and listening simce i unfortunately became a Plusnet customer.
Just informing you that i wont pay one more cent for any service, including a new visit from a  BT engineer!
And now put  yourself aside from the "unfortunately excuse" and imagine how i feel when i ve paid for the service on the 26 th of November and i still dont have any internet service, any call from PLusnet, any assurance about what is going to happen.
WHAT I WANT TO HEAR FROM THE POOR INTERNET PROVIDFER SERVICE IS, WHEN IM GOING TO HAVE INTERNET SERVICE AND HOW DO YOU THINK YOU WILL PAY ME BACK FOR ALL THIS SITUATION THAT YOU AND ONLY YOU HAVE CREATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!