Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've been impressed by PN answering telephones

JakTheBiscuit
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've been impressed by PN answering telephones

A bit of positive feedback for Plusnet for a change!

I had a broadband outage recently, I tried using the fttp problem wizard and as I got to the end it reported a problem with itself, so I tried the standard broadband and it worked but didn't solve the problem.

So I phoned PN and got straight through to a helpful person who found out, after some fiddling with their system, that the problem was a BT Openreach issue at a local exchange (or equivalent).  The problem was resolved in a couple of hours rather than the few days predicted.

I was very pleasantly surprised at how quickly I got through on the phone to PN - it is something Iusually dread.  I hope it stays like that! 

5 REPLIES 5
dazgee1965
Grafter

Re: I've been impressed by PN answering telephones

I'd like to echo your words as getting through to them on the phone has been a pleasant experience.
Like you when I had a fault it was as the exchanged and fixed within 2 hours.
jrae85

would be even better if they had a web form you could actually contact them via rather than a series of irritating questions that aren't what you're looking for

bmc
Hero
Fixes: 49

@jrae85 

PN used to have what was known as a "ticket" - if you had a non urgent (or urgent) question you could create a ticket which appeared on your account. Then you'd get a reply in due course depending on how busy they were.

For reasons known only to themselves this facility was withdrawn a good while back.

Brian

shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

They also had good customer service when they had "Live Chat".....but that excellent facility was removed by some bean counters, a couple of years ago... Shame really, as it was always useful for people with hearing difficulites...like Deaf people, ... a disability that is not seen, but still a disabiility. 

Of course.. there is twiface ...if you want to air your problems in public !.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@bmc wrote:

For reasons known only to themselves this facility was withdrawn a good while back.

Brian

Because the trend setters did not consider it to be fashionable!  Twitface and apps were seen to be more "hip"!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.