cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on my way, I'm on my way from Plus net....

amcclean
Rising Star

I'm on my way, I'm on my way from Plus net....

After 11 years on P.N. I have taken the jump and will be leaving PN on 12th Oct.

In that time PN has mostly been a great provider and one I recommended to anyone and everyone who asked. I love the fact the staff were ever present in here and were able to help and support staff. I liked the fact the support staff did call you back. I loved the fact the staff were able to work in a way to please the customer and were customer focused.

In the last few years it's taken a nose dive and is no longer a company I can recommend to anyone. Gone, it appears, are the dedicated PN forum support staff, gone are the days when people in the groups were delighted with the support and service they received.

I decided at the end of my contract that I would not re-new as the writing on the wall for even more degredation of service was becoming clearer with every move, decreased upload speeds etc.

This sneaky change to re-contracts tops the lot.

Some say I may be going from the calm to the storm but I am off to BT's other provided EE with their television, bb and mobile all rolled into one. Yes I know the box doesn't do internet channels but I can add these myself with add ons.

11 years of loyal service by Pn would probably have been rewarded by a promised retention of my upload speed  only to have it changed sneakily to 2 mb. With customer service as it is I doubt it would have been an easy task to rectify.

So long and farewell. 11 dedicated years are coming to a close.

8 REPLIES 8
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: I'm on my way, I'm on my way from Plus net....

PN , Please NOTE this is just the start ,, Of many leaving posts i expect to see Sad

Unless you get your act together expect loads more

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

If more and more customers leave then plusnet will only have those on free BB to manage, so not much money coming in from that one.

SteveH1

I too am leaving Plusnet. Only been with them for three years but in that time their support is all but none existent.

I have not had to contact them for a long time but not prepaired to battle my way around their support line.

i am going to Zen, we will see whatnthey are like.

BlackPearl
Grafter

Well I am another one jumping ship .....

Been a PN customer a little over 2 years but have to agree that things are not what they were.

In addition Plusnet are the only one of the big suppliers to have a market A and market B distinction now and this adds at least £6 pm to my costs.

The lack of selling a 55/10 product but having to use a 40/2 if I changed product is the final nail in the coffin (SKY do 40/10 and also have IPV6 working)

I have a deal (via MSE website) that gives me Sky Fibre Unlimited with 1/2 price line rental AND 1/2 price Fibre for 12 months plus a £50 account credit. My outlay will drop from over £42 pm for line+fibre to just £18.70 pm for 12 months.

The deal is so good I can pay a 7 month early termination penalty and still be pounds in pocket (go figure that one out PN).

My switch over date is 5th October so good luck PN but another one is going, bye for now .......

St3
Aspiring Champion

Ive looked at those offers with sky and i only see the upto 38mb speeds, im not seeing upto 76 meg speeds.

BlackPearl
Grafter

You are correct the deal is only for upto 38mb (40/10 service) but at that price I can not justify the extra cost for 15mb or so extra download speed. If PN had sold the 55/10 profile to customers like me I MIGHT have been tempted to change at the right price.

The PN upto 38mb (40/2) is a no go as the 2mb upload is to limiting and may even stop you getting the full download speed under load.

HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

For several years I have been tied by having LRS expiring several MONTHS after price rises, since they couldn't bother to contact me (thread in the phone section) I have not renewed, and will be looking to move when the cost rise again next year (expected as they have increased the phone cost every year now).

I am currently tied to a new 2 year contract, but will see what is happening in 10 months time.
St3
Aspiring Champion

These days its best to shop around because this is when you make savings, customers no longer get cool deals if you stick to the same provider its best to shop around i think.