Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Leaving Plusnet Soon Few Things Needing Cleared Up

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm Leaving Plusnet Soon Few Things Needing Cleared Up

And I got this e-mail from them...
We hope that you are enjoying Extra with included 60GB bandwidth account and finding our services of
exceptional value. This is just a brief note to let you know that we will
be taking the next subscription payment for your Extra with included 60GB bandwidth account
on 2010-07-07.

The subscription fee for your account will be reduced if you currently earn a My Referrals
discount or you have been awarded a number of days service free of charge. For more
information on how much you currently save with My Referrals, visit
http://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=mydiscount_static_info

In the meantime it is important that you make sure your account details are
up-to-date and that your Extra with included 60GB bandwidth account is correct.
Please note - It is important that your payment details are valid and you have
sufficient funds on or just after 2010-07-07 as failure to do so will result in your
Extra with included 60GB bandwidth account being disabled.

I will be leaving on the 12th of this month and so can a member of plusnet staff please tell me why my broadbands going to be disabled before I move? Am I to pay for a months BB that I wont be Using? My BB bill is for the 7th and Im leaving on the 12th
Ps Ive cancelled my direct debit but will be clearing up what I owe via a Pay as you go credit card which has no money on it at present.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
18 REPLIES 18
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: I'm Leaving Plusnet Soon Few Things Needing Cleared Up

You will be charged for the full month as Plusnet can't know at the billing date when you will be actually moving or indeed if you will be actually moving as the issuing of a MAC code doesn't signify when or indeed if you will leave.
The automatic system is that you will be refunded for any unused part of the month after you actually leave.
If the payment system fails then you will be cut off.
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html#broadband_family
Ending the service
  19. Once we have provided the service, you may tell us to stop providing it at any time by giving us 10 days' written notice, unless the service terms say otherwise. We can stop providing the service by giving you 10 days' written notice.
  20. If we are told to stop providing the service by someone other than you, we will immediately email you, asking you to confirm that this is what you want. If we don't hear from you within 10 days we will stop providing your service 10 days later.
  21. If you ask us to end the service within your first 12 months with Plusnet , you may be liable to pay charges relating to the set-up of your service and for hardware we have provided. Please refer to the product price guide and separate product service terms for more information.
  22. If you or we end the agreement for the service, we will pay back to you any money we owe you relating to that agreement. We will first take off any money you owe us under that agreement or any other agreement between us.

http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml#_Toc161080435
To ensure no loss of service for the customer, when we issue a MAC Key, we do not schedule the account for cancellation. Any due subscription payments will continue to be taken. The account will only be closed (or downgraded) when we receive confirmation from either the customer (or from our network supplier) that the service has moved to the new provider.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks oldjim, I am moving to LLU so no mac required, Funny feeling Id have to cough up then wait till god knows when for a refund, Or either that my part refund goes toward the cessation  charge?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The link I gave refers to the refund being made within 10 days but it also refers to a 30 day notice period which is wrong.
Regarding the cancellation charge I have no idea as there hasn't been a response to this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87191.0.html
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ah sorry oldjim, Missed that, Blind as a bat, Well hopefully PN can shed some light on the cessation charge ( If any ) Tomorrow.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Can a member of plusnet staff help me here before you decide to just cut me off, Ive tried ringing your customer services only to be put on hold and then cut off!!
James
Grafter

Steve,
If you're moving to a fully unbundled service provider (such as TalkTalk), the cease charge would apply.
That's because there would be a cease order placed on your line, which Wholesale charge us for.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Thanks for the reply, With regards to my BB bill on the 7th, Ive cancelled DD but I have a primary credit card on there, Can payment be taken from that or do i need to phone in to make payment with it?
James
Grafter

Yep, that shouldn't be a problem at all, as long as we receive notification from your bank that the DDI has been cancelled.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

well yes i presume you did get notified as i got an email from plusnet about that, so payment will automatically be taken from my primary credit card without the need to phone in?
itsme
Grafter

Quote from: Jameseh
Steve,
If you're moving to a fully unbundled service provider (such as TalkTalk), the cease charge would apply.
That's because there would be a cease order placed on your line, which Wholesale charge us for.

Here we go again.  Smiley Are you sure there's a cease charge for MPF?  http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,87133.msg723185.html#msg723185
A cease charge will not be raised in the following circumstances:
· The End User line has been migrated to another ADSL service provider using the
published migration process.
· The End User line has been migrated to an LLU operator (either SMPF or MPF)
using the published migration process.
· When End User service is migrated to another BT Wholesale ADSL service and /
or to another Communications Provider (CP) where a MAC code is used.

James
Grafter

Clearly I missed that one, believe there was a charge for MPF previously?
Sorry Steve - You won't be charged a cease fee as per the linked post.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Im moving to talk talk LLU and am aware they dont utilise mpf so I think the charge would be for me however im about to pay for a months BB with plusnet that i will only be using 5 days of so my part refund should go towards the cessation charge? I was told that their would be a cease put on my line just before the take over so no cessation charge?
itsme
Grafter

TalkTalk use MPF (Metal Path Facility) as this is the name BT use for LLU. I be surprised if TT do not follow the migration process as they and the migrating customer will both be charged for the same job. Double money for BT.  Shocked
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Ok so no cessation charge? Thats good, And about how im to pay my BB on the 7th so my BB is not disabled, The automatic system will take from my Primary credit card? As ive cancelled dd? And refund to what other charges i may get or a refund onto my credit card?