cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Leaving And This Time For Good

Steve
Seasoned Pro

I'm Leaving And This Time For Good

Sadly have to say that I have no alternative but to leave plusnet after all the effort that has been given to me and money wasted In re-joining. I am moving back to TalkTalk LLU. So the reasons?

Market 2 Exchange And Money Is a problem for me right now
1. Free Broadband for 6 month's thereafter only £6.99 Per month £19.04 per month afterwards for both house phone and BB
2. 40 GB download usage allowance which unfortunately plusnet don't seem to cater for, ( It's either 10GB to little or 60GB to much)
3. Slow speeds In the evenings which webpages slow to a crawl.
4. TalkTalk offer me speed's of 16.5Meg which I know I can get for a fact although may have a bit Instability I will need to work through
So that's about It, Yes I know I've just came back from them with Issues but As I say money Is a big problem for me at the moment hence why I see no other way out. And because I'm market 2 most broadband here Is Expensive, I'm afraid Talk Talk LLU Is my only cheap alternative.
I have raised a ticket Informing Plusnet That I am too leave and many thanks to ALL the PN staff on this forum that have helped me through some difficult If not tricky times.
Unless PN can strike me an offer that helps with the money Issue then I may re-consider, Depend's on the offer.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
8 REPLIES 8
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I'm Leaving And This Time For Good

I'm sorry to hear that your circumstances have changed. If you're considering cancelling due to finances then the best people to speak to are our Customer Options Team as they have access to the best deals. Please give them a ring on 0845 140 6002 Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm and hopefully they'll be able to work something out with you.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I can sympathise Steve as my circumstances too have changed leaving me with less disposable income.
I'll see how things pan out in the coming weeks.
Good luck with whatever you decide.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Cheers, Well I have just got off the phone to plusnet customer options team and the women says she can do me a deal for what I have now ( When my house phone changes to evening and weekends next billing date ) She says She can do me what I have now for £20.23 per month?? This I can do If this Is going to happen? She has sent me an e-mail so I'm off to read It.
Edit.. No e-mail through yet.
Edit, This In my ticket though
OK I have cancelled moving to Talk Talk, And I'm happy with the new deal PN has given me, Talk Talk kept me on the phone for ages and tried to Better the deal I've newly acquired, I told them My loyalties lies with Plusnet and that I will be taking them up on their offer.
So plusnet If talk talk Get In touch saying I am Moving? I AM NOT  I AM STAYING HERE AND GET IN TOUCH WITH ME  IMMEDIATELY PLEASE.
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim): CSA name removed from image as per the forum rules.]
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I'm Leaving And This Time For Good? (Got A Deal So Now Im Going To Stay)

I'm glad to hear that Customer Options sorted you out Smiley
However, from your post it's not clear whether or not you expect a call from us? Your offer has been applied so we wouldn't normally call again.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hey Ben,
                Sorry no I don't expect a call from you, I meant that If talk talk gets In touch saying I am moving then If poss Plusnet can reject their request, Seeing as I've kindly been given a deal and I get to stay where I am happy at, I have rang talk talk and cancelled my order with them but yeah you know what they are like LOL.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi Steve,
just thought I'd reply to say I'm glad you got that sorted out with customer options I was dismayed to see that you were thinking of leaving us for 'the other side' after the work I did to bring you back over to us.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Hi Adam,
                Times are proving difficult and I was dismayed myself but never seen a way out, I'm glad Ben told me to give customer options a bell and I'm glad I did and very grateful to the women who gave me the offer and Its a breath of fresh air to be given an offer from Plusnet to keep customer's like myself.
But what a task It was from the other side when I told them I got an offer from my current supplier and that I would not be moving to them, A ridiculous amount of, We will waive the connection fee, Free this, Cheap for however long, blablabla and at my expense on an 0870 number , This bloke started to [Censored] me off, I said no My current supplier Plusnet has given me an offer and with It the option to stay and It would be rude and just pointless for me to refuse, Plus Its helping the wallet. ( I did not get Into how better looked after I will be here for fear of him just hanging up on me )
Anyway before I rant any more Thanks.
The_10th
Grafter

This is interesting - Plusnet can provide discounts for customers similar to Sky I presume for their TV packages?
Tell me more and about the concerns with TT as Talk Talk are my only real alternative (similar speed and Market 2 also)?