cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have to write a complaint to get in touch with a manager! Why?

Stevej
Grafter

I have to write a complaint to get in touch with a manager! Why?

Hi,
I have an ongoing ticket logged, and I rang up to find out what was going on as it has gone to networks and no feedback.
It appears that no one has looked at it after 3 days, the CSC guy has started chasing it. Thank you.
I said it would be good if there were some way for an end user to know if and when a response was expected, as this would stop me having to ring up, and waste CSC time etc. Please note I was not complaining that it took some time for the wireshark trace to be looked at, just that I had no idea if it was being looked at. (seems reasonable to me)
He implied that the system was the “way it was and had been for 5 years” (my paraphrasing of his words)
So I said could I speak to a manager to discuss why this was so. The answer was no, they were all in a meeting! (all of them?)
To cut a long story short apparently the only way I can get management to contact me is to formally complain in writing!
WHY?
I don’t want to complain! I want to provide feedback to help improve your service!
This is a totally stupid approach to Customer service.
Why can’t Plusnet use modern technology for communication? This is meant to be ironic  Wink
Seriously, it does not make good business sense to ignore customers they may have a good idea (not saying that I have a good idea).
I remember being on a time management course once ( a long time ago!) and as was pointed out while a call may be an interruption (and managing interruptions was a main aim of the course) that call may be the most important thing that day!
Sorry but having to complain in writing when I don’t want to complain is plain crazy!
There has got to be a better way???? Please?
End of rant!
Steve
3 REPLIES 3
James
Grafter

Re: I have to write a complaint to get in touch with a manager! Why?

Hi Steve,
Drop me a PM with a convenient number and time to contact you, inside working hours if possible!  I'll give you a ring then and will make sure that your feedback is passed onto a relevant member of staff here.
Stevej
Grafter

Hi James,
Thanks for the fast response. Contact details sent to you.
Regards
Steve
Stevej
Grafter

I have spoken to James
Thank for the fast response and listening to my suggestion which I hope will be of benefit.
And sorry for the "rant".
Steve