cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.. I have not had a proper working service since I joined

roost78
Grafter

.. I have not had a proper working service since I joined

I have been with plusnet for over three months. When I joined they said there was a problem with the line and that it would need to be looked into before I joined. Since I have been connected I have had multiple calls open with them, waited on the phone for I don't know how long, two BT engineers and am still getting drops with an Uptime: 0 days, 8:57:31 Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 480
and being charged for Premium account!!!   I am tied in to a 12 month contract and I have just been informed that we are getting fibre in the area in March.   Where do I go form here????   Advice Please.
adie:red title fixed.]
68 REPLIES 68
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: .. I have not had a proper working service since I joined

Your line is showing as being in sync below the fault threshold rate and as you say is still dropping. I'd be happy to re-raise your fault to BT if you wish, I'm not sure what's happening regarding FTTC but we will be making an announcement as soon as any decisions have been made.
roost78
Grafter

I think BT need to be sent stats showing the line dropping? When they come to my house the line is fine and don't stay for long. They have replaced the BT engineers socket and put in an RF filter.  I am signed up for up to 8mb but only getting around 512 most times?
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

They have replaced the BT engineers socket and put in an RF filter.

Would that be an RF2 or RF3 filter ? See here for pictures ( towards the bottom of the page ) http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/btsockets.htm. If its an RF2 then that could be a part of the problem.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

roost78
Grafter

They have put a
NTE5 A Faceplate
(ADSL)
ADSL splitter faceplate for
NTE5 units
Can't tell if it is a RF2 or RF3 as it is closed and I don't want to void any contract.  Openreach put it in so I would presume it is an RF3. The problem was here before the BT engineer put it in and it has not done anything. 
I am not sure it is in my house as there have been two routers (Sky and Plusnet - Problem started a month before I left sky), All other phone sockets have been disconnected from the master socket, new BT master socket and a new face plate, an RF filter and the BT engineer has checked the connection where the BT line comes in.
Thanks for your help
roost78
Grafter

Just been dropped again
Uptime: 0 days, 0:00:20
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 448
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [kB/kB]: 0.00 / 0.00

roost78
Grafter

Help!

Uptime: 0 days, 6:48:28

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 160

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi roost78,
I've just tested the line and as per your results the fault is still shown to be apparent, so I've passed it back to BT for you. As soon as we get any updates we'll advise.
roost78
Grafter

Can anyone advise? I have had this problem since I joined and it has been over three months. I have gone for the 12month contract and now want out. Do you know my options?
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Sorry to hear that, personally I'd recommend allowing us to fix any fault on your service as moving to another ISP may well take any faults with you.
I've updated your ticket as BT are now requesting an engineer visit to try and resolve the issue, if you can reply to the ticket letting us know your availability we can get this booked.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
roost78
Grafter

Great thanks, 3rd visit from BT, Who is going to compensate me for the 3rd day off work? BT should not be my problem, I pay for a service from plusnet not BT, Plusnet pay for a service from BT so why am I told it is out of your control?
Can somebody help, I have been with plusnet for about 4 months and the issue is still not resolved (2 BT engineer visits) surely my contract is void if I have had issues since the beginning and it is still not resolved? I was told today I have to give them a chance to get it fixed...... 4 months???? two days off work????
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The engineer is necessary as the problem is not one that can be fixed remotely.
Intermittent connection faults are the worst type to diagnose, as the problem is not always evident when the engineer attends. He will, however, be able to see the records for your line, so should be able to investigate from there.
With regards to cancellation, I really hope it doesn't come to that, but should you wish you can leave by giving 10 days notice and paying off any deferred fees.
roost78
Grafter

If BT are going to come around for the third time please ask them what they are going to be doing so that I do not waste a 3rd day off work (Which I do not get paid for) as I do not want a 4th visit.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately we don't know any specifics, but we've advised of the lower threshold breach issue so he'll want to test the line to prove that's apparent. Once he sees the fault I'd imagine he'll want to test the wiring and more than likely investigate from the green box and exchange.
We'll pass on as much detail is possible when booking but unfortunately we won't be able to move this on without booking the visit I'm afraid.
roost78
Grafter

3rd engineer has come and gone. it worked for 4 days and now we are back to normal.  Really, What do I need to do? do I need to contact this  Anthony Vollmer guy to get this resolved????  NOVEMBER this started!!!! 
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 448 / 160