Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been tempted by BT

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: I have been tempted by BT

Well enjoy your holiday.
I don't think anyone has suggested you should be discussing Gerry's options in public!
Sorry, are you saying the Customer Options Team cannot phone out  Crazy
I'm sorry I think this resource thing is BS. The inbounds will reduce if customers are able to request an outbound.
You could qualify a Ticket/DCT route with a comment that it may take x days before they respond and if you want a quicker response to phone in!
I repeat I am NOT suggesting this be a "direct" route for obtaining a MAC. And you need to look at the legal requirement mentioned in reply #29 as a CP as well as you role as ISP.
James
Grafter

#29 refers to gaining supplier, not losing.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Yes correct, think about it!
James
Grafter

Ah.  Will flag.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Surely the point is that in this case the user pointed out that he would have difficulty discussing the possibilities with COT because of his hearing problems. Plusnet did not make any allowance for this and have not conceded that they should make any allowance for his disability.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

The whole idea of this thread, is to bring PlusNet attention to the fact that there are people who have hearing difficulties, and others that have work commitments, (not able to phone during "normal" office hours ) that make it VERY difficult to inform PlusNet that they "may" be thinking of leaving....
Nowhere have I said that I am definitely leaving, and want my MAC code within the specified time.  I titled the thread "I am TEMPTED by BT" ... ( that will go for any other ISP on any number of customers )
So, the argument you have put forward regarding no email contact, to find out about "possible" "sweeteners" to keep customers is 
A) Governed by OFCOM " guidelines "..... 
B) There will be too many applications for us to deal with at current staff levels
C)  5 day restriction on issuing a MAC
D) No plans
E). Would lose too many customers
F) We don`t do email contact for leaving.
So OFCOM guidelines suggest that email ( online/ticket  - my interpretation and expectation)... does not wash,  as you already have 2 out of 3 Undecided  what`s wrong with a full house?
No plans - we aren`t interested in this so we won`t make any plans.  ( shut up an go away ) Lips_are_sealed
Would lose too many customers..... the idea is to RETAIN customers, by giving them the chance to contact via email./online/ticket .. (Contradiction in terms, methinks)  Undecided
There will be too many applications for us to deal with at current staff levels.... ( does "no plans" also come into this ? )  i.e. no plans to increase staff if needed. I fail to see how you can predict the number of people who will be leaving will rise, just because , suddenly, they have the option of contacting you online... Just dosen`t add up...  Undecided
As for the statement that there will be an increase in the number of people wanting to leave.... this is not about people who "definitely" want to leave,. but more about people who might be thinking about leaving.... ( and which PlusNet would like to keep as customers ) which, to me, is a different kettle of fish altogether, and should be dealt with in a way that is already in use for complaints or basic customer help...... i.e.  online/ticket
and to cap it all..... the general inference is that because there is no "inbound" facility to get electronic requests for information from the Retention Team.... they don`t have the facility for "outbound" communication

er.......
  (By Jameseh )
Any offer applied by us would automatically generate an offer email for confirmation.

If you can send an email to confirm what has been said over the phone, then there is no reason why the initial contact cannot be by email, ( online/ticket) as the "confirmation email" (presumably) has to be accepted by replying to it.... and that reply must go to.........? ( oh Er... Probably.......... the retention team  Roll_eyes )
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I actually think that an ISP with a clear, open and transparent policy of allowing customers to discuss potentially migrating away by whatever means best suits them (including email/ticket) is less likely to lose customers, particularly if that ISP was seen to listen to customers in order to maintain their high level of customer satisfaction.
[Edit - typo, we're not really discussing loose customers  Embarrassed ]
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
shutter
Community Veteran
Fixes: 65

I wish I could have summed it all up like that..........  Wink
Seems to make good business sense too...