cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have been refused my £50 Cashback

Dc2

I have been refused my £50 Cashback

I decided to have wifi put in my property the first time, I went on compare the market but a friend said they had seen a advert for plusnet, so I went on my phone and yes there was an advert for £20.00 per month, only a £10 connection fee and £50.00 cash back, so I decided to go ahead after talking to a live chat adviser.

I joined asking for the connection on Friday 28th April as this was the only day I could have the afternoon off work.  This was to let BT in my property IF they needed to enter, (if I wasn't at my property and BT needed to enter I would of be charged £65.00).   BT didn't come, I turned my router on and nothing, called your customer support and the very nice young man was very good but I was on the phone from 14.00 to around 17.00 (after around 3calls)  still nothing, I had to take Tuesday morning off work for BT to enter my property to fit a new socket.

At last it's working!!!!  During my 3 calls I was assured I would get my £50.00 cash back soon after being connected, I received an email from Plusnet today telling me to reclaim my cash back, I tried to login in with no success, I had to call the customer services and the very rude young man told me that under no uncertain terms I was not entitled to my £50.00 cash back.

I have asked for a Manager to listen to all my calls on the 28th as I know I was told I would be receiving my cash back.

Has anybody else had trouble claiming their cashback?

2 REPLIES 2
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: I have been refused my £50 Cashback

Welcome to the community forums @Dc2

Dc2 wrote: 

I had to call the customer services and the very rude young man told me that under no uncertain terms I was not entitled to my £50.00 cash back.

Providing I am looking at the correct account (In line with the username you provided on signup to the forums) I have absolutely no idea why you've been advised this, your account does show that the offer code it was signed up on, entitles you to £50 cashback.

@Dc2 wrote:

I have asked for a Manager to listen to all my calls on the 28th as I know I was told I would be receiving my cash back.

That shouldn't be necessary, as the account does show a cashback offer code.

@Dc2 wrote:

I received an email from Plusnet today telling me to reclaim my cash back, I tried to login in with no success

Does the login page you're presented with ask you to enter your email address and Plusnet username?

***EDIT***

Leave this with me and I'll chase this up with our marketing team and ensure the cheque is sent out to you.

I'll keep you updated via the ticket on your account Here.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: I have been refused my £50 Cashback

Thanks for your patience with this matter.

I'm happy to advise that I have now had confirmation from our Marketing team that they have redeemed your cashback for you and your cheque should be with you within the next 30 days.

If you have not received your cashback cheque after this time frame, please do let us know and we'll get this chased up for you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet