cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had such high hopes for PN

spg40

I had such high hopes for PN

After my previous provider I had such high hopes for PN. Good reviews, lots of awards and in the early stages a trouble free switch over. Four months after the switch and there is a problem, PN forgot to switch my phone line, not the end of the world, "we can sort it all out and deal with the 'paperwork' elements once that is done". To their credit two days with on phone or broadband and it was all fixed.......great  Cheesy  Now I need to get my broadband and phone contracts running concurrently, I had after all purchased a package, not two separate items. Should be easy; either start a new contract from today and I will pay what's due or just run to phone element for 8 moths and I will pay less..........with that we reached 'Little Britain' land........the computer says NO.....what a JOKE! Come on PlusNet you better than that and can do better than that  Angry
8 REPLIES 8
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I had such high hopes for PN

Hi there,
Apologies if I'm being daft here, but I can't see the problem? The contract we'd hold you to term on is the broadband contract, so if you chose to leave after that ends (I believe that's late April next year) you won't need to pay anything to cover the phone. All that'd be left to pay would be the cessation charge, unless you migrated the service in which case that wouldn't be charged.
Only thing I can see an issue with is that LRS wouldn't align if you chose to opt for that, and even then I believe you could migrate the broadband away once that contract ended and leave the phone with us until the LRS ran out.
Hope that helps? Apologies if I've misunderstood.
spg40

I had not been totally clear; My contract expires in April 2014, the broadband element will have run its full 12 months. If I do as I'm being told now then I will be tied to PN phone service until August 2014 and will have paid the full line rental for that period.
I signed up to a bundled deal (phone & broadband) for 12 months. PN now wish to treat this as two separate contracts (items)! I am not prepared to accept this variance (the only reason there is a 4 months gap is down to PN not taking to phone line over when they should have).
This is only compounded by the 'computer says no' approach and more so by not receiving two promised phone calls on the matter!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I had not been totally clear; My contract expires in April 2014, the broadband element will have run its full 12 months. If I do as I'm being told now then I will be tied to PN phone service until August 2014 and will have paid the full line rental for that period.

Your phone service isn't on a 12 month contract, unless you paid upfront for Line Rental Saver. Therefore if you move broadband away at the end of your 12 months, you can move the phone away too without penalty.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
spg40

My contract requires 12 months advance line rental, that is my point. If I pay it now and leave in April, I will loose 4 months. PN will not more the broadband start date to a line with this nor will they apportion the line rental to reflect the remaining 8 months
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Ah sorry! Making assumptions when I should have checked your account.
PN will not more the broadband start date to a line with this nor will they apportion the line rental to reflect the remaining 8 months

Not sure why we'd need to move the broadband start date? That would be extending the broadband contract to 16 months.
I'm sorry but the contracts start when the service start, so as you have Line Rental Saver this covers the 12 months from when that was paid.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Also just wanted to point out something I mentioned earlier:
Quote from: Matt
Only thing I can see an issue with is that LRS wouldn't align if you chose to opt for that, and even then I believe you could migrate the broadband away once that contract ended and leave the phone with us until the LRS ran out.
spg40

At last Customer Retentions have been able to do what was impossible for the rest of PlusNet.............'reset the clock on my contract'.........supplying me with exactly what I purchased in April but, now running from August for 12 months.............thank you very much for doing the right thing, it is much appreciated.
That said its bloody ridiculous that we had to go 'all around the houses' to get to a point where good sense is applied !
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Matt,I think the point that the OP was trying to make is that all the best deals with TalkTalk (spit!),Sky or BT are only available if you move both services at the same time...so with his LRS he is effectively tied til August anyway......so presumably he has now got a 16 month deal on the introductory b/band price which seems fair considering he was mucked about over the phone.