cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't want to leave Plusnet..............

lyndonp
Grafter

I don't want to leave Plusnet..............

I would like to upgrade to FTTC however looking at prices and the fact it is now a  40/2 service, the TV package does not allow you to stream to a PC, and an 18 month contract, I am struggling to convince myself to stay with Plusnet having been a Metronet customer and hence loyal Plusnet customer recommending to others for many years.
The better deal seems Plusnet's owners BT (40/10, BT app, 12 mth contract)  although it includes indian call centre and dodgy email by all accounts (i have been on their forum asking questions - both forum and email not as good as PN)
Overall based on 18 month it is a very similar in price to Plusnet if you do the maths but has many other advantages.
So why haven't I jumped yet? This forum and the email is better and support is UK  based. It is making it difficult to convince myself to jump but I am near to jumping.
I also fear it will just get worse. Competing with the likes of Talktalk, products gettng worse, prices only cheap for new customers.
Come on Plusnet, get back to your roots and stop offering this bargain basement tit for tat competition with competitor stuff. I'll pay your price for 40/10, TV PC/phone app in return for your support and service. I'll even go with an 18 month contract for that.
This forum with PN staff contributing has to be its USP.
I fear it may just be too late though................
Maybe it's your owners long term plans to make you bargain basement but that's not for me Sad
Please convince me the future is bright.............
2 REPLIES 2
Apprentice
Grafter

Re: I don't want to leave Plusnet..............

Please convince me the future is bright.............

It may well be but it won't be Orange. Tongue
Things change
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: I don't want to leave Plusnet..............

Hi lyndonp,
It really does sound that you'd be best off speaking with our Customer Options team to arrange a new deal: 0800 432 0200.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team