cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I closed my account but receiving emails asking for card details to pay bills

Cath3

I closed my account but receiving emails asking for card details to pay bills

I recently closed down my account over the phone and now there is a question on my account  which is a request for my payment details to be given. I don't need to pay any more bills as I'm no longer a customer can anyone get this sorted. I just want my account closed as it should have been.
11 REPLIES 11
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: I closed my account but receiving emails asking for card details to pay bills

Hi Cath3
I think we are under the impression that you are moving to another provider, so we're waiting on someone to place an order. Are you just wanting the services fully ceasing instead?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Cath3

Re: I closed my account but receiving emails asking for card details to pay bills

Hi yes that is correct I have gone with Virgin so will owe plusnet £30.00, have I got that right?
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

If you are moving to Virgin cable services, then you need to cancel completely with PN as the Virgin service is carried over a totally different network. Phone to make sure that they know as the Customer Care guys are not around at weekends!!
Cath3

Ok thanks for that Dave will get onto them ASAP
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Let me know how you get on, and if you encounter any problems.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
Cath3

Hello there rang customer services to sort out final bill and to cancel. I was told when I paid that bill it would be the final payment by 2 people. Now I have received an email requesting yet another payment. As far as I am concerned I have overpaid already and I should be refunded. Please could you help.
MsDizzie
Grafter

Hello Cath3, I've just gone through a similar procedure. The Cancellation team are a bit "hit or miss", perhaps it is because VirginMedia are a special case, and maybe the backroom procedures are not vigorous enough.
I started my move at the end of July (moving on the 1st Sept, so plenty of notice in my case).
I had my phone as well as broadband with Plusnet. The phone got moved and cancelled with no problems. They were aware that broadband was going to go too (it was mentioned in an email from Customer Service). I chased them up on the 11th August, the CS agent said that I would receive an email with details on how much I owed, and also that my broadband would terminate at the same time as my phone was moved (still within the 14 days notice period).
Well... needless to say I didn't receive any communication about final payment, but I did get the usual monthly payment DD notification (less phone charges).
At this point I stopped the DD, then phoned CS. CS was even cheeky enough to say that I would have to give them 14 days notice and charge accordingly from 14th September. I don't think so as I had already contacted them on the 11th August! I paid my cancellation costs over the phone, and made sure that they sent me a confirmation email.
It pays to keep your own log of date/times, emails, contacts while going through this procedure.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

@Cath3 - I'm really sorry to see your account wasn't closed after the agreed final payment was made. I apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.
I've passed feedback on regarding this as this appears to have happened as the agent agreed services would be ceased and the payment could be made at a later date, however they didn't leave an open ticket for someone to come and check to ensure the account was closed following the payment Angry
I've made sure the account is now closed for you, however I can confirm that we do not owe a refund as the actual cancellation fees were reduced previously.
@MsDizzie - I'm going to have a look in to your account now and I'll update my post once I've had time to check over it.
Your one isn't quite the same as Cath3's as we did receive notification that your telephone number was being ported to another provider. When the services migrated away, a ticket was raised with our billing team to sort out any finals fee's/refunds and close the account. This has just been picked up as soon as we would have expected it to.
I'll make sure to pass on feedback to the agent who advised you that you'd need to give another 14 days notice from the 14th of September.
I've also made sure the erroneous outstanding balance has been written off and closed your account.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Cath3

Thanks for that but now I have paid the final payment supposedly, heard nothing for a couple of months and now have had a letter from a debt collection agency saying I owe another £37.50. I have not used any of the services so I am not paying another penny, needless to say I am damn well fuming and am seeking advice from CAB. I have been too polite, get this shit cancelled now how dare Plusnet send debt collection when I owe them nowt. Get the debt collection off my back or I am suing you.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Please disregard the letter from the debt collection agency. You don't owe us anything, when I closed the account previously it appears that a system flag was not removed as it should have been and this has triggered automation to forward this on as a debt.
I've discussed this with our billing team and it will certainly be removed from the collection agency. Apologies for any frustration this has caused.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Cath3

Thank you so much, no offence hope I never hear from any of you again.