Did you mean: 

I am furious with Plusnet

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: I am furious with Plusnet

Thanks Force9Original,
The SNR reset should resolve this, otherwise I'll request that DLM is taken off for this customer Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
amcclean
Rising Star

To those who replied in similar response to myself thankyou. I sometimes wonder if trying to be helpful in here is worth it. If it wasn't for helpful replies then we would all be stuck.
podman
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I sometimes wonder if trying to be helpful in here is worth it

That's why its called the community forum podman Smiley
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
magnetism2772
Grafter

a community via silent nods and  winks  from plusnet to delete members posts
delete press reports that help those in trouble
and a community guarded in KGB fashion
[Moderator's note by Barry Zubel: Private communication from Mods removed as per link:rules]
magnetism2772
Grafter

that particular ban ended today
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

Some one! May I suggest another ban for our fiend until tomorrow, as tomorrow never comes. Grin
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

At least you got a warning, I've been banned from a forum without good reason and without warning, Warnings are good, And please do a once over on the forum rules giro for your own sake.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
magnetism2772
Grafter

the ban is plain and simple censorship of a member of the community by a stalking  moderator 
magnetism2772
Grafter

i shall email those concerned in the future and talk to them in private
pierre_pierre
Grafter

the Moderators dont have to stalk, there is a report to Mod slot at the bottom of your posts
Rustyme
Dabbler

Thank you for all your replies even though some are a little patronising.
Secial thanks to those that have included technical information specific to my issue.
I will just give a little background as to why I have such a bee in my bonnet.
I joined Plusnet after leaving Talk Talk (I signed with Tiscali but Talk Talk took them over) and guess what? Yes I had a nightmare with them, one which is being arbitrated by Otelo.
I won't go into great detail but basically I was overbilled for 5 consecutive months despite being promised it would be corrected every month and that credits would be applied to my account - which they never were. Eventually I asked my bank to withhold payment (above the correct bill) and sure enough I was overbilled and my bank withheld the payment.
After many more promises it would be sorted out and without warning I was cut off by them.
The funny thing is they are so incompetent they still warn me now they will stop my broadband service two months after they disconnected me. Shocked
Without doubt the most incompetent company I have ever dealt with and let me say that Plusnets customer service is not to be compared with the like of them.
So hopefully you can understand that losing connection again just 3 weeks after ebing reconnected was somewhat gauling and to answer another poster my broadband is not life and death but I work from home - I am a freelance programmer and web designer and not only that, everything I do is on the internet from streaming to gaming - I don't even use a TV.
That should give the following rant some perspective.
Start rant

First of all let me state those of you who consider this to be out of Plusnets hands, thus leaving them blame free, are totally missing the point.
For some reason because the internet has this ethereal property people seem to believe it is not a product or service sold like any other and as such needs to be fit for purpose and as advertised.
So to help those people out, especially those that are patronising enough to suggest I should not be complaining to Plusnet about the issue here is a basic analogy.
You buy a product from a retail store.
It works as advertised for a short while but then gives up the ghost.
You contact the store and they say they will have it repaired by their supplier.
10 Days later you get your product back but it works less than 75% as well as it did previously.
Are you happy with this company? Of course not.
Who you should you complain to then? The store you purchased the goods from or their supplier?
The point of sale of course so please stop these dumb arguments.
It is the resposibilty of the business selling the product to ensure it is sold as advertised and fully functioning.
Their supplier is responsible to them to ensure they supply non defective products.
If the seller is getting complaints about goods as sold from their customers then they need to take that up with their supplier to improve things - not their customers!
Now with that said the issue here is I am now in receipt of a product that is inferior to that which I was advised I would get.
Since I was advised by Plusnet then it is they who must bare the brunt of criticism.
Remember they are now advising 12mb so obviously 15mb was incorrect.
BT are to blame for being unable to supply Plusnet with a reliable service that even resembles that which they advertised - we are talking almost 50% of advertised speed here remember and no one is forcing Plusnet to advertise upto 20mb, they could be a little more honest and say maybe 12mb on a good day but they don't do they?
What is the point of an estimated line speed if it overestimates by 35%, oh yes, to get you to sign up perhaps?
Now after further tests I am told that Bt recommend 9mb, independents 10mb and Plusent 11mb so what happened to the 15mb estimate before sign up?
Yes all ISP's do it but that does not make it right - it makes it a conspiracy tantamount to price fixing.
OK rant over.
Now taking it under advisement to take deep breaths and accepting that Plusnet appear to have responded appropriately in this thread I shal tone it down from here.

Rustyme
Dabbler

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Rustyme,
Thanks for raising this, I am sorry that you feel that we have not apologised for the issue, it is our place to do so even if we are not directly responsible for issues encountered by our customers. So apologies for the inconvenience.
I am apparently paying for a 20 meg service

We will provide all our customers with the fastest connection available to them, for some people it is up to 8mb, for most its up to 20, please bear in mind the up to is the key part of this and we do not charge customers differently for speed, we cost our packages based on the features and services offered.
let alone any goodwill gesture.

We will look towards doing this but I would like to take a detailed look at the fault notes first before I can commit to a precise offering.
...which basically means I can get 12 meg max!

This may not be the case forever, I will look into this for you and see if any movements can be made as it may be possible. However we need you to bear in mind that sometimes slight reductions in speed can and will happen with a view to resolving a fault or stabilising an otherwise fault-prone service.
If you read some of the other posts on this forum that relate to other customers experiences with this you will see that some have seen increased speeds and some have not in favour of a stable service. This fact is not unique to the service we provide as an ISP but is due to the technology used which is now widespread.

Hi Adam, thank you for your response and the apology, it is much appreciated.
I am not worried about a goodwill gesture TBH, I have made my point and you have apologised and most importantly explained in detail why my service has been reduced as well as honest about what I can expect in the future.That is all I ask for.
Reliability is of course key but speed is also very important to me so any possible improvements would be appreciated.
I guess I have now accepted my fate of slower speeds.
I first came to Plusnet on recommendation after my traumatic time with Talk Talk - I was desperate for a reliable ISP and you seemed to fit the  bill so obviously I was extremely disappointed to lose connection after just 3 weeks and for it to take 10 days to get it back up at a reduced speed. At that time it seemed Plusenet did not consider this an issue and that just raised my ire.
As I mentioned, this how now been addressed to my satisfaction and I hope to stay with Plusnet for the long haul with hopefully an improved package next year.
After all this is the season of goodwill so merry Christmas to you all at Plusnet and to all of you who added to this thread - yes even those that I vehemently disagree with just so long as your opinions are honest and not posted for disingenuous reasons.
Merry Christmas and Happy new year everyone, may your connections be fast and reliable.
Rustyme
Dabbler

Quote from: podman
To those who replied in similar response to myself thankyou. I sometimes wonder if trying to be helpful in here is worth it. If it wasn't for helpful replies then we would all be stuck.
podman

My reply was not specifically aimed at you Podman though I do think you misinterpreted my initial post and my grievance.
I do appreciate you were trying to help and thank you.
Rustyme
Dabbler

Quote from: daveplus
Rustme
Were the termination charges more than those specified at http://www.bt.com/termcharges ?
Dave

Hi Dave.
I queried the charge since I had been with BT for many years but they trap people by emailing you with a "free" upgrade and when you accept you are tied into another 12 month contract starting from then.
Ao apparently I accepted some new trivial service and they got me. Well done BT another customer you will never see again.
When I googled it I realised the full extent of the problem and how many people had been ripped off for hundreds of pounds - as usual OFCOM had to step in and get them to reduce the charges but we are still being fleeced.
Isn't anyone else tired of being screwed over by banks, utilities and telecom companies?
I hope Plusnet are going back to some good old fashioned values - you know treat the customer well instead of working out a new way to screw a few quid out of them.
Thanks for asking Dave and your help.
v3a
Grafter

I have been posting on the poor response tag.
Like rustme, I started with one provider which had a best buy / best service rating (Madasafish), and I was happy with it, but it was taken over - twice I think, and now is Plusnet!!
Although I have to suffer the Plusnet level of service, this is the only forum I can get into. I can raise a ticket on Madasafish, but Plusnet won't let me raise a ticket with them, and links from the Support people to some help sections do not let madasafish 'customers' log in!