cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am a not so happy customer!

spennipc
Dabbler

I am a not so happy customer!

At the end of April I had a fault on the broadband connection, dsl did not sync. Reported it on Saturday evening. On Monday I was told to do some testing, open the BT connection and plug the phone into the service socket. Well, I did not open the BT socket, I borrowed a PlusNet router from a friend instead. I told support what I have done, they said they contact their supplier. On Thursday I called support again just to be told that a BT engineer is coming on Friday morning. I requested that the engineer is calling me on the mobile phone just before he is coming to my house. Nobody called on Friday morning, so I called PN support again just to be told that the BT man reported that nobody was at home. Well, what a surprise!! PN then said that they will rearrange the BT visit for Monday. When I came home on Friday evening I check the connection and.. oh wonder it was working. Told PN support that is is ok now. So that was one week without broadband.
Last Friday evening the same problem, no DSL sync. Called PN Support and was promised to pass the problem to the fault department as my previous ticket was not closed!! Got a SMS from PN "We have replied to you message online. You can view our response at http://my.plus.net". PN how should I do that without Broadband connection!!! When I am calling PN support (I call every day) I always get the same answer "it is with our fault department" and "you will get an answer in 72hours".
I am now really fed up. Angry . I would have posted the contents of the ticket # 54710656 here but can not access it until support has replied to my response and they will wait exactly the 72hours since yesterday.
Plusnet: Do you know how important broadband is in these days?? No broadband= no banking, no shopping, no e-mails, no social networking, no tax return, etc, etc. etc. specially in a rural area. Should I stop paying you until the service is back?Huh
I am a long time PN Customer with several recommendations to my friends and was always satisfied with PlusNet, never had to call PN Support, but now that has changed. I am not satisfied anymore, specially how support is handling my case.  Sad
I will write a letter to the complains department. I am also considering leaving Plusnet!!
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: I am a not so happy customer!

Hi there,
Really sorry about the delay in response there, I've made sure to feed back on that for you and one of our faults agents is currently testing the fault for you. There should be an update (and hopefully an engineer visit booked) later this afternoon.
spennipc
Dabbler

Thank you very much Mr.Taylor. My question is now, why does PN support reacts when I post on the forum but not on my phone call's? Huh
Anyway thanks for your phone call!
spennipc
Dabbler

Very friendly BT engineer showed up today and changed the BT socket in the house, problem still the same. He said that he has to fix it in the exchange. 1 hour later he rang me and said that he has pressed the reset button on my broadband circuit and every thing should be all right. Came home and.... hurray broadband is back!! Smiley Checked the TP-LINK  TD-W8961ND router log and see this error: Huh
5/17/2012 18:46:50> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804e00a8
5/17/2012 18:49:20> Last errorlog repeat 11 Times
5/17/2012 18:49:48> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804e00a8
5/17/2012 18:49:56> Last errorlog repeat 57 Times
5/17/2012 18:49:56> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804e00a8
5/17/2012 18:49:56> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804e00a8
5/17/2012 18:51:51> Last errorlog repeat 27 Times
5/17/2012 18:52:59> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804e00a8
Seems that the line is permanently re syncing. The internet LED is permanently flashing. I fear that there is still a problem in the BT broadband HW. Can PN support please check the line again?Huh
I have requested that the PN ticket is not being closed.
Thanks
-----speedtest----
http://speedtest.net/result/1956937722.png
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Now, where have I seen that problem before - oh yes this thread - well if you can get an explanation of the error code from TP-Link, there's a few people that would like to know!
Edit: There is also this other thread - not a real fix - but the amazon link information may be useful
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

from: http://www.zyxeltech.de/snotev120/sys_err/sys_err.htm
Message:  PINI ERROR netMakeChannDial: err=-3000, rn_p=576de0
Meaning:  remote node is connecting already. (rn_p refers remote
          node point, it may change for different version, and different
          remote node number)
Solution:  ask remote node to dial to you, then if you drop, you can dial;
          or reboot.

er..  Undecided
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

We've got pretty much the same error on this thread too:
http://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Speed-Connection-Issues/Random-Disconnects-and-Reconnects/td-p/192051
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Kelly
er..   Undecided

Exactly, not much help was it eh  Huh
Dan the Van contacted TP-Link with regards to his error message meanings. They did not come up with a reason, but his connection wasn't dropping, so they asked him if I had any issues to which he said no, so the reply was
You can enjoy the Internet and do not worry about it.
I like useful responses (not)!
It may be best if the OP posts on TP-Links forums with his error log and says, yes I have a problem I have a dropping connection and see what they say, then come back and let us know.
spennipc
Dabbler

Thanks very much for your help.
I had done most of your suggestions before my post.
Well, since I posted the router log the errors have disappeared within 2 hours. The log is clean now, no more errors.
Still watching. Will report any new event's.
Thanks again! Smiley
JOC
Dabbler

I had the same error with my TP-Link router earlier this year.  Around the same time my line speed was downgraded to 1Mb.  At the time I reported this as a line fault and temporarily switched to an old non-wireless router whilst the line was resynced and stabilised.  I had also contacted TP-Link, but got no helpful response.
Once I switched the routers back, the error messages came back.  I coincidentally got a reply from TP-Link agreeing that the problem could be their router and offering to replace it under warranty; but only if they were able to check it first . Given I couldn't afford to be without wireless in the house for weeks waiting and in the meantime seeing mutiple threads about this type of error I decided to cut my losses and geta new Netgear router, since doing this connections have been fine.
I can't categorically say that the fault was simply the TP-Link router and not the line that triggered the router's behaviour as for 6 months it was perfectly behaved; but for some months now the line has been stable with no reconnections or errors, though the netgear's wireless connection isn't as strong as TP-Links's. Its still adequate.
I bought the TP-Link router mainly as it was so cheap, had pretty good reviews and for the wireless range, but I guess in somecases you do get what you pay for. 
spennipc
Dabbler

When the problem started in April, just coming back from a 4 weeks holidays, I had a "Buffalo Wireless N150 HighPower ADSL2+ Modem Router" . Because it was fried (I believe) by the BT line, I bought a new one which was working for 2 weeks until the line was messed up again. I do not think it is a router problem, everything points to a bad line (broadband Hardware), so it's a BT fault.
I will test the old router again once I can prove that the line is stable.
Thanks for your post! Smiley
Dan_the_Van
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 73

I see I was mentioned in this thread; I am still seeing these messages  Cry
5/20/2012 9:36:21> netMakeChannDial: err=-3000 rn_p=804d0c58
But everything is working fine  Smiley
What I have noticed is everyone who reports this message the number is always different. Would like to know the actual meaning is but I almost given up.
From what I have found this message is for Modems which use 'Trendchip set' and not just TP-Link.
Dan.