Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hypothetical question regarding a fault

AndyH
Grafter

Hypothetical question regarding a fault

Just a hypothetical question here...
If someone is in the process of migrating ISPs (e.g. from Plusnet) and their broadband develops a fault/stops working during this migration period, is it true that BTw/Openreach will not fix the fault because there is an active order on their systems for the line (i.e. Plusnet cannot submit the fault into BTw's systems)?
Edit: So essentially the fault could not be raised in BTw's systems until the line has been fully migrated?
4 REPLIES 4
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Hypothetical question regarding a fault

Hi AndyH,
If your service that the fault was on was with Plusnet then we would still be able to raise the fault even if there was an open order to migrate you away. The only problem may arise if the fault isn't resolved by the time that the migration order is due to complete.
AndyH
Grafter

Hi Linn K
Are you 100% sure about this?
This blog post seems to suggest otherwise - http://revk.www.me.uk/2014/03/bt-refusing-to-fix-fault.html
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi AndyH,
We can't comment on how BT has dealt with this particular situation, however, I can confirm that we would still be able to raise a fault if you were migrating away. Like I mentioned earlier, the only time this would become a problem is if the fault hadn't have been resolved by the time the migration order is due to complete. This would mean that the fault with us would be closed and you would have to re-open this with your new ISP.
AndyH
Grafter

Thanks for clarifying that Linn K Smiley