Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Human leagues (Don't you want me (is off putting)) & should be removed from the

TORPC
Grafter

Human leagues (Don't you want me (is off putting)) & should be removed from the

on hold playlist
Especially when one has been on hold for over 18 minutes & counting till the 30 minute wait time advisement
What other songs on the playlist do you feel is off putting or inappropriate ?Huh
Also Robert Palmers  Simply irresistible (you used to look good to me, the proof is irrefutable) lyrics
I'll never let you down, come back to what you know & take it real slow
EEK..........
29 REPLIES 29
petecov44
Grafter

Re: Human leagues (Don't you want me (is off putting)) & should be removed from the

Music always was crap on the phones. I am sure Philip Oakey likes the fact his music is stil being played by a local company  But still..
TORPC
Grafter

Re: Human leagues (Don't you want me (is off putting)) & should be removed from the

Promises, promises turn to dust / I need a little time to work it out
No way near appropriate for an ISP IMHO
So far 37 minutes of the advised 30 minute wait & call has gone completely silent from your end
39 minutes & still completely silent
After 4 minutes of complete silence, I have terminated the call to try again later
petecov44
Grafter

of course if you used the weq4u app you wouldn't need to listen to any music in fact waiting is a thing of the past.
TORPC
Grafter

I agree & that is all well and good, & that requires tying up the mobile, where I have a working landline that I can put on loud speaker then put on the side,
Also not everyone is / will install an app on their phone or will know about such an app, therefore, the traditional way will suffice, however as Plusnet takes all feedback serious, I thought it was in their best interests that I give my feedback, especially when they are experiencing a high volume of calls for support, during their influx of new customers, which they are struggling to handle atm
All I wanted to know is why did my internet drop @ approx 18:35 for approx 5 minutes where the internet light went from Green to non existent on the TG5825n
Without waiting for days to be answered on the current DCT situation, thus not wanting to take up valuable space on the boards (since they are playing catchup)
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You really called in just to find out why you had a 5 minute outage?  That really takes the biscuit!!!
No wonder support are stretched if they're having to deal with such inconsequential events  Roll_eyes
petecov44
Grafter

You can or you can call 0333 5432 111 and then PN's 0845 number and then you can press 9* and neither is tied up.
it's personal preference.
Oh and when you hit 9* on the mobile it disconnects the call and keeps in the queue via wifi or 3g. Just letting you know Wink
TORPC
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
You really called in just to find out why you had a 5 minute outage?  That really takes the biscuit!!!
No wonder support are stretched if they're having to deal with such inconsequential events  Roll_eyes

From a line that is quite stable, the have a 5 minute outage could mean the start of an intermittent fault, that I would like to get nipped in the bud, before it escalates
As it is my prerogative, to find out why my connection has suddenly developed a fault, by what ever means are open to me
Furthermore
Unlike you came across as though you would not be bothered by such an outage on your connection
I have to rely on a stable connection & if it falters then it has to be rectified
Think of it like your car, if it stops working for 5 minutes, then something is wrong as it might not get you back home or to work as the fault could kick in @ any time
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

Or it means a lot of time is wasted trying to debug a non-problem of ADSL disconnecting occasionally.
TORPC
Grafter

Why is time wasted to find out why a connection went belly up (albeit for a short time) ?Huh
As it was not you connection (I suppose it does not matter) ?Huh
It did not / does not affect your connection, so why do I feel negativity towards me from some ?Huh
& F.Y.I
This is the Second time since the main outage that has affected many a customer of PN
As noted on the 18Th
Quote from: TORPC
<snip>
However @approx 19:00
I lost internet, & had the dreaded Red light (again) for approx 5 - 10 minutes
Can DCT confirm if it is or is not related to last nights outage
<snip>

Where I replied
Cheers Chris
I will keep monitoring for now

Prior to the main outage, my connection had no issues for a long time
Mav
Fixes: 515

It would have to be down a lot longer than that before I ring up.
I'd use the down time to do something else; read, catch up on recordings, see if I still have a wife Wink
I'd probably give it a good hour before contemplating a call to support after performing all the usual tests, etc.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

@Mav
I was in the middle of an important negotiation, when the connection dropped
ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

What makes you think Plusnet will even have an answer for why a connection dropped at one particular time? I expect you should already know from the router log whether the DSL dropped or just the PPP disconnected. That's probably more information than plusnet readily have - I think if plusnet wanted to know about your DSL uptime they'd need to access the DLM data from BTWholesale. And that would probably just tell them if the DSL dropped - which is something you should already know from the router log.
Mav
Fixes: 515

@Mav
I was in the middle of an important negotiation, when the connection dropped

It wasn't a criticism just a statement of how I deal with things.
It was nearly an hour from when I noticed my phone down yesterday before reporting it. I like to give a bit of time just to see if things get back to normal without my intervention.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

TORPC
Grafter

Also I do not think that this known issue is resolved as yet due to my likely dropped call earlier that resulted in the complete silence after 37 minutes
[quote= http://usertools.plus.net/status/archive/1411635838.htm]Customer Support phone system problems (82926) - RESOLVED
Services
Posted on: Thursday 25 September 2014, 10:03
This is an update to our previous posts regarding issues with our internal phone system.
Our engineers have identified the issue and resolved this so any user's whose calls were dropped should be able to call back.
Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Kind regards,
Linn Karstrom
Customer Relations
Return to Index
I am now trying again & after a 15 minute wait advisement now 29 minutes in with a response Smiley & a test on the line
& apparently my connection has only been stable for 2 days since the 25th (yet showed never showed any drops this end until today)
Therefore it was worth me calling, even if some may think otherwise Wink
Can DCT please supply the Radius log when they have time ?Huh
do not understand why, has prior to the main outage been stable this end, then all of a sudden still shows stable apart from Twice once on the 18Th & again today, yet on PN's system shows instability, with the longest being 11 hours prior to the 23rd the 2 days stability
Therefore something is not quite right (is it) ?Huh
Sorry Mav
I did not mean it to sound as criticism, however it was as a comparison tbh