Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "raise a ticket"

FIXED
chips
Grafter
Fixes: 2

How to "raise a ticket"

It used to be relatively simple on Plus-net:  log a problem and wait for an answer.  Now it's a merry go round which depends ultimately on the customer (that's me) hanging on the end of a phone for a hooman bean to speak.  Today the wait times have been 10-15 minutes and more than I'm willing to waste life on.  Strangely  or not the help live chat line was unavailable - but the new customer sign-up chatline was live and eager - all that came of the eagerness was another iteration of the helpline telephone number.  To sum up our broadband has been off since approx 10 a.m.    Service status says everything is fine and yet help & support is "very busy".  So here I am again paying O2 for a temporary lash up in an attempt to make contact but all I can do is go round in circles always arriving back at those options : Live Chat Line (unavailable at present) or 0800 number "the queue time is 10 minutes - or 15.  Can't we go back to raising a ticket ? Please.  I know the check-the router -check the telephone line routine off by heart now - what I want is for Plus.net to check the stuff I can't.

26 REPLIES 26
dgwilson

Re: How to "raise a ticket"

Don't hold your breath.  I raised a ticket (by waiting 25 mins in the telephone queue as chat "mysteriously" wasn't available)

Spent an hour on the phone while the hapless (very knowledgeable) tech tried to avoid admitting there is a problem with my broadband, then got an email saying "do these tests for 3 days"  But you can't reply to the email - you now have to try and log in - over a flaky connection.

I guess they've taken on more customers than they have staff or system resorces to manage, as everything has gone right down the tubes.  Soon as my contract ends, I'm off.....

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Feedback 

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
chips
Grafter

Fix

Well we are now re-connected.  Bit the bullet and cooked with phone to my ear and eventually heard a hooman voice. Good guy who worked through tests and called for a second opinion.  best I can understand is my (third party) router firmware may have ben updated without my knowledge and a setting no longer worked.  Anyway adding "dsl "  to an address solved it all (sounds simple but wasn't and smell of burning from kitchen didn't help.  When all was satisfactory I asked the chap my question about raising a ticket - "you can do that" he said - "OK I replied while we're live take me through it" - and I logged in again to members center and waited - and waited - and eventually the nice plus.net techie admitted he couldn't see how to do it either.  The brainy boys who write the code and join the microdots don't get bozos like me to test the system - they know how it works so it works for them - but not for us.  I mentioned how the selling arm's live chat was ever so "live" and got a rueful laugh and an "I'll bet" by way of response.  So I reckon you're right - too many customers - too few staff - and a support system that doesn't actually work except for very patient customers willing to burn their pakoras.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

There are very few circumstances where an end user can directly raise a ticket.

Of recent times all support channels have been busy with billing queries.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

chips
Grafter

Raising a ticket used to work. Asking users to hang on to queues on phones values our time at £0 - at my age I value time quite highly.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @chips,

I'm sorry for the poor experience that you've had when trying to contact us about this issue and I'll pass on feedback about this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Boz
Rising Star

The title of this thread was “How to raise a ticket”.   I cannot see how Plusnet can justify the decision to say that the answer to this has been found.    One of the reasons why people joined Plusnet was because the customer service was good.   “Raising a ticket” was very much part of this service, and Plusnet have clearly made it much more difficult to find this option.

My broadband connection was down for most of yesterday, and my phone line is still down today. For both of these services I pay Plusnet, and I would dearly like to raise a ticket to find out what is or has been wrong.    I did actually watch a video about testing the phone, and I was staggered to see it end with the comment: “If you still have a problem with your phone, give us a quick call”. 

Come on Plusnet, you can do better than this.

Boz

chips
Grafter

Exactly the problem :  Plus.net is not alone in failing to see the circularity we are faced with.   To test a system ask an idiot - well now we have tested and it is not idiot proof - more to the point it does not work but it takes an idiot to realise.  Circular arguments aren't half catching. Cheers.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

It's worth keeping in mind that if you have a fault with your broadband or phone service, we do have troubleshooters on our website for these which will raise a ticket to the relevant faults team once it's collected some information and tested the line.

https://faults.plus.net for broadband

https://www.plus.net/my-account/tools/phone-troubleshooter for line rental

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chips
Grafter

Accessing troubleshooter can be difficult when broadband is down.   We do have the option of purchasing an alternative service to access troubleshooters. In my experience the routines offered do not result in a ticket being raised: recently, as stated earlier, a competent chap began to show me live how to do this - and failed.  Live chat has been down any time I've needed it (unless one pressed anything to do with "sales"  or "upgrades").  Phone lines have typically 15-50 minute waiting times. Well for anyone without 50 minutes to spare that can mean an actual waiting time of a day - the Vivaldi lottery.  This is very efficient for Plus.net but if one aggregates the time being wasted at the customer end of the line very expensive indeed.  Raising a ticket was simpler 15 years ago. I enjoy good service most of the time which is why I am still here but when a tyre goes flat is the only time it gets noticed.

Boz
Rising Star

Hi Chris

My phone has now been down for almost two days now.   When I use the phone troubleshooter link and get to the "check my line" stage, it knocks out broadband and I lose communication with the troubleshooter.    When broadband comes back, I get the message "Oops something seems to have gone wrong, please call us on ...."

So please could you raise a ticket on my behalf.

Boz

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Hi @Boz, I've raised a ticket on the account with some troubleshooting steps and the next steps on it here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=185634443

If you could let us know once you've responded to the ticket with the requested information, we'll get that picked up and progressed for you.

I hope this helps.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@Boz wrote:

I did actually watch a video about testing the phone, and I was staggered to see it end with the comment: “If you still have a problem with your phone, give us a quick call”. 

Quick? 

GrinRoll_eyes

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

“If you still have a problem with your phone, give us a quick call”. 

Reminds me of the Microsoft ' Keyboard error - press F1 to continue'Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.