cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many times will the engineer not turn up - S far 3

doibelieve

How many times will the engineer not turn up - S far 3

Well its a breezy Sunday morning -  only takes 2-3 minutes to get a response to sign up and pay monies to Plusnet great.
So fibre optic install first 2 times no  response or turn up and usual 30 minutes to get phone pick up and each time minimum 20 minutes for a transfer to the really sorry and understand team -
so 3rd appointment waiting again with a small amount of hope - after 3 hours "mail" stating fibre up and running happy days etc love plusnet - still no engineer had turned up - magic!
Phone the 30 minute hotline - transferred to another told  5-6 minute wait turns out to be 15 minutes at which point speak to really sorry and understand team so they organise another appointment he also says he has never heard of 3 times no show!!
Ask for a single employee with a direct dial number to personally take responsibility - says no but engineer should turn up 4th time - and am only told we should trust them!! But they will do nothing, over and above giving another, 4th appointment" in terms of taking some responsibility or ownership of problem...
So how many times before somebody at Plusnet takes sole responsibility or will do something apart from an expectation of hope from the customer....
I have posted this on behalf of my son who i referred "my mistake"
dick:red All caps post edited as per forum rule.
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: How many times will the engineer not turn up - S far 3

Hi Doibelieve,
Welcome to the forums but deeply saddened to learn of your experience.
Unfortunately your experience is all too common from PlusNet's service supplier BT Openreach (BTOR) who provide the physical link to the customer's premises for all internet services providers other than Virgin Cable etc.  In some areas BTOR attendance has been markedly and repeatedly poor.  PN has next to no control over BTOR resources and priorities.  BTOR are supposed to make payments to the ISP for 'no shows'  - on an individual case basis PN  has been known to make compensations to the end user.
Having posted on here, your case should be picked up by the DCT on a weekday.  If asked, given that you've had two no shows, PN might be able to get BTOR to provide a free expedited install.
Good luck!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi doibelieve,
Really sorry to hear that, I assume this isn't related to the same account that's linked with this forum account as there's no open fibre orders on there. If you could paste the ticket ID into this thread I'll take a look for you, or alternatively drop me a PM with the account username and I'll look into it that way?
doibelieve

Many thanks Townman,
Appreciate all and understand no shows and recompense at £45 per no show -  as on  BTOR site.
The point and question is -  3,- three times no show, not 2, so what I am asking is as stated, how many times before somebody takes “real” responsibility –
Am on 4th wait....

doibelieve

In touch with "which.com" customer views.
Have been in touch.
Interested in my experience, and awaiting the 4th engineer appointment, turn up and result.