cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many more months to activate my line..

sviesius

How many more months to activate my line..

Hello , I have ordered PlusNet back in july , yet it took 2 months to make an appointment where the technician never showed up. I used to have Bt Infinity before and starting to doubt why I even switched. As my master socket already has everything set up, and i have Openreach modem from back in the day. All the technician has to do is to connect my phone line to the box outside. I lost any hope to contact PlusNet over the telephone cause of the hour of waiting times. So this forum is my last cause before i leave this "provider" .
9 REPLIES 9
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: How many more months to activate my line..

Hi svesius,
I'm really sorry to hear about this, it shouldn't have taken so long.
I will be contacting you shortly to discuss your account.
Matty

Edit: I have tried calling you on your landline and mobile, but haven't been able to contact you. I will make sure that we look into expediting your order for ASAP. If you catch this, please may you PM me your availability?
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
sviesius

Could I get anyone else ? Because this Matty C decided not to reply to my messages anymore.....
Seriously what kind of service is this?..
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi svesius
In regards to getting anybody else, can I ask what this refers to ?  Do you mean another advisor?
Matty is in the office today from 11.30 this morning and finished at 8pm last night, so I do apologise if he hasn't responded to any messages overnight. I can see that he has beeen looking into the order for you with the intention of arranging an expedite.
I will ask him to get in contact with you when he gets in the office
Regards
Matt
sviesius

You cab close this thread as my Fibre is up and running. Without any problems.
Matthew managed to sort everything out for me after all. Thank you for your help.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Hi,
Great news. I'll let Matt know when I see him.
Tony
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hi sviesius, I'm glad you are now connected and hope your connection is running well.
Just so the rest of us can get an understanding of what happened here, as you said you were with BT Infinity before, were you connected to BT Infinity when you placed your order with Plusnet? If so did you use/have to use a MAC? Did you cancel BT Infinity before you were connected to Plusnet?
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

For the benefit of the board, I'll elaborate a little.
The phone line was stopped by BT. So I can only assume that sviesius cancelled services with BT.
The source of the delay was that there was no flag stating that the line had been stopped, so there was no order placed to switch it back on.
Once again, my apologies that it took this long to resolve sviesius.
Matty
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Hmm, yes if the line was cancelled, I can see the problems that can result from that.
On the assumption that it wasn't a BT foul up (or bloody mindedness) take heed everyone - NEVER cancel your old services until your new ones are up and running, and always use a MAC (when not moving from Cable or LLU) also migrate your phoneline when needed. If you cancel a phoneline, you lose everything from that point and that usually includes your phone number.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I couldn't agree more with this.
It brings all sorts of complications and is financially more expensive for us, the old provider, and the end user.
Matty