cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long is too long to answer a support ticket?

cazbar

Hi,
Simple question really:
I posted one last night at 9.27pm when submitted it said response time was just over 2hrs,  it is now more than 24hrs since then.
How long do I have too wait?
Thanking you in advance.
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: How long is too long to answer a support ticket?

Different enquiries take different lengths of time - depending upon the department. What was it about?
With an average of around 2 hours and a lot answered in considerably less than that, others will take much longer.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

With the exception of issues raised in these forums, I don't believe I've ever had a response to a ticket in less than 2 hours.
Usual response is considerably longer.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

cazbar

Quote from: jelv
What was it about?
With an average of around 2 hours and a lot answered in considerably less than that, others will take much longer.

I submitted the following:
I have been with Plusnet for a number of years now and I have 'referral discount' on my current broadband product, (PlusNet Broadband Your Way Option 3), but I am looking to move my broadband from one number to another at the same address, and I have a few questions.
Currently at my address I have two phone lines, one with my current Plusnet broadband on and the line other without any broadband.
I may wish to do the following very soon if possible:
1. Transfer the broadband to the other telephone number at my address.
2. But change broadband products at the same time.
3. Order 'Home Phone -Talk Anytime' service on the same line.
What I need to know is:
1. Is all of the above possible?
2. If so will there be any additional charges for completing any of the above?
3. Would it be possible to keep my referral discount on the newer broadband and home phone package on the new telephone number?

While I understand that some questions would no doubt take longer to answer. If mine is that 'technical', I would have appreciated an automated 'Sorry its taking longer to answer your question' for example. Anything is better than being ignored!
Any answers greatly appreciated.
James
Grafter

Hi there,
It is all possible.
It requires a cease and reprovide of the broadband service - basically it's a "house move".  We can do this for you free of charge if you stay with us for a further 18 months (if you left before then, the £60 charge would be payable - that's what it costs us to do the work).
You can change product, add home phone and keep the referral discount.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: cazbar
While I understand that some questions would no doubt take longer to answer. If mine is that 'technical', I would have appreciated an automated 'Sorry its taking longer to answer your question' for example. Anything is better than being ignored!

That is a very good point and one that has been raised before.
When you go through some routes of raising a ticket it automatically gets put in a queue for particular departments. If that department doesn't work 24x7, why can't the acknowledgement say when they do work?
Likewise if your ticket was raised in the general pool and then redirected to one of those departments, why can't that be automatically added to the ticket and update email?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)