cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long does it take to get a line installed during a house move in a new build

Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: How long does it take to get a line installed during a house move in a new build

andun84
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: How long does it take to get a line installed during a house move in a new build

Thanks guys. I'll speak to my brother and get him to raise it with BTOR. His wife did ask Plusnet who she could contact in BTOR and was advised that they were not allowed to contact them so it's interesting to see that they are indeed allowed to contact them.
andun84
Rising Star

BTOR very quick to reply to my brother however BT in Northern Ireland is managed by BT Ireland (still part of the BT Group) so no idea who to contact there. Anyone any ideas? They couldn't tell him.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Try this https://twitter.com/gsutherlandbt http://www.btplc.com/Thegroup/BTUKandWorldwide/BTRegions/NorthernIrelandandRepublicofIreland/Keybiog...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

andun84
Rising Star

Update Tuesday 15/9/15 @ 7am as per previous ticket response:
The update is there is no update. No response. No nothing. He's now just ignored. Could some of the support staff please look at this and provide exact details of what the issue is and when it will be resolved and not some generic rubbish that means nothing.
andun84
Rising Star

Thanks Towman for the contact details. I passed them on.
andun84
Rising Star

A week today since BTOR were supposed provide their latest update and a week tomorrow since Plusnet were supposed to update the ticket. Still no update. Award winning customer service at its best  Roll_eyes
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

I can see we've tried to call your brother today?
The external work has been completed so we need to make a new appointment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
andun84
Rising Star

Thank you Matthew. Sounds promising. I've passed that on to him. Unfortunately he has no mobile coverage where he is based during the day. I've asked either him or his wife to ring into the call centre, assuming they can get through.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

We're sorted for tomorrow. All parties are aware.
Are you ok to update the thread and let us know how your brother got on?
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
andun84
Rising Star

Hi MattyC unfortunately it was a no show. Brother livid a he had to take a half day from work and arrange someone to collect his son. BT happy to charge when you aren't there but not so willing to stump up when they all too often fail to turn up.
AlaricAdair
Champion

OpenReach are really outrageous with their "failure to attend". I'm going to add a section in the UKTUG response to the Ofcom consultation recommending proper levels of compensation for the customer as a consequence of such failures. Something along the lines of 2 x average wage for the lost day.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Unbelievable.  Embarrassed
I believe that your brother has spoken with a colleague of mine today.
So sorry for the no show.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
andun84
Rising Star

LOL - Unbelievable - not how I would describe it. Just looking at these forums it seems all too common. Yeah someone should be calling him to discuss when they will be out to do the work. Lets hope that happens sooner rather than later.
@AlaricAdair I'm glad issues like this are being raised with Ofcom because it seems to be just accepted that this is how they can treat people and it is just not acceptable behaviour for any business. That's what happens when you have monopolies. Break them up and stuff their promises of what they will deliver if they are left alone.
andun84
Rising Star

Just a quick update to say that the date has again slipped a couple of times. He is now being told more external work is required and that will be completed 20/10/15. The house was built nearly as quick as it is taking to get the broadband in. The house is litterly a few feet from the next house that was built a few years ago so there can only be a very small extra bit that needed built so I'm glad BT don't build houses because they'd never get one built let alone a whole development Roll_eyes