cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long do I have to wait without a phone line or broadband??

Dave78

How long do I have to wait without a phone line or broadband??

So I was told....
Phone will move over to Plusnet on 10th Aug
Broadband will follow on 17th Aug
Ok, so far so good
The 10th August comes, phone line goes dead because previous supplier has cut us off, and the 10th August goes - no working phone line..
The 17th August comes and goes.. again still no working phone line or broadband..
Then we are told, it's a BT problem, it'll both work on the 21st Aug..
We were away at the weekend, come home - guess what, yep still no working phone line..
And still as of today the 23rd Aug, still no working phone line.. as of tomorrow, that'll be two weeks and no working phone line..
I think my wife and I have almost used all our mobile free minutes this month phoning our parents (and our mobile month started less then two weeks ago)..
If anyone from Plusnet reads this, my username is drumbold.. you have both my mobile number and my wifes..
16 REPLIES 16
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: How long do I have to wait without a phone line or broadband??

Hi Dave78 and welcome to Plusnet,
I only wish I could be welcoming you under better circumstances. To track back a little here originally we were intending to transfer your phone service over and part of that process was to transfer over your existing phone number. However this was delayed by your old provider unexpectedly cancelling your phone service on the 10th.
This has caused an indefinite delay with our suppliers, they do have a backlog of similar requests to deal with at the moment, however we have complained and have escalated your case. I am now promised that this should be looked at today so this afternoon I should be able to confirm when both services will become active, I will do all we can to make sure that any further waiting for this will be kept down to an absolute minimum.
I'll continue to deal with your order from here to make sure this gets the ownership it needs and will report back to you again ASAP.
Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

I only wish I could be welcoming you under better circumstances. To track back a little here originally we were intending to transfer your phone service over and part of that process was to transfer over your existing phone number. However this was delayed by your old provider unexpectedly cancelling your phone service on the 10th.
I hope that wasnt Talktalk!
Dave78

I wish it wasn't either.. but it was  Cry      
I also wish they had ever taken over tiscalli, but they did..
dick:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Dave78,
I'm going to chase your number port request again shortly as I've had no response yet (same with yours Peckham Pouncer).
We'll obviously do all we can to get you a service with us ASAP, however any grievances you may have with regards to being disconnected from Talktalk/Tiscali need to be addressed with them directly as that should not have happened.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sassy62
Grafter

Quote from: Dave78
I wish it wasn't either.. but it was  Cry      

Shocked
Steve
Seasoned Pro

I've heard of Talk Talk doing this nasty to customers, Its bad crack!!
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

and against the rules
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Don't think they know what they are Pierre-Pierre.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
sassy62
Grafter

Well..if I dissapear for a few days...you know I have been 'talktalked'!
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Dave78,
As per my call your number port has been accepted which means that your phone and broadband services are due for activation on the 27th (this Friday).
Peckham Pouncer,
Yours unfortunately has not been approved yet, however I have given our suppliers a prod and your is being dealt with now. This means that I should be able to give you a transfer date for your services by the weekend.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
sabayon
Grafter

Quote from: Steve
I've heard of Talk Talk doing this nasty to customers, Its bad crack!!

They did it to me when I switched to VM so I couldn't keep the same number. I'm now in the process of moving to Plusnet from VM and hoping for a smooth process as it will be a new number.
sassy62
Grafter

Quote from: _Adam_Walker_
Dave78,
As per my call your number port has been accepted which means that your phone and broadband services are due for activation on the 27th (this Friday).
Peckham Pouncer,
Yours unfortunately has not been approved yet, however I have given our suppliers a prod and your is being dealt with now. This means that I should be able to give you a transfer date for your services by the weekend.
Adam.

Ok cheers Adam..
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No worries PP,
Checking the progress of your order is on my radar today. I have a meeting to attend in about 10 minutes so I'll do my best to come back to you about this before the day is out.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

The order is still queued waiting for the approval of the number port I'm afraid. I'm off for a few days on leave now until next tuesday so its over to Ben in the meantime to see if he can put some pressure on.
Thanks for your patience so far its really appreciated.
Adam.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team