cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you get what you've paid for?

kah

How do you get what you've paid for?

I am in the process of trying to move my broadband and phone to Plusnet - ironically I chose Plusnet because all the reports say how good the customer service is.
I am already tempted to give up and stick with BT!
I had an engineers appointment booked, and rearranged my work to be at home, but no-one came.  When I phoned - and spent 45 minutes on the phone - I was told that my order had been cancelled.  No-one had told me, in fact the paperwork I had received told me that I didn't need to do anything else, because Plusnet would keep in touch with me by email and text.
My subsequent attempts to have a new engineers appointment at a time that I can make, and to find out how Plusnet plan to compensate me for the inconvenience caused, have come to nothing.  The letter from Plusnet tells me that if I am not here when the engineer calls, I will have to pay £49.99.  I don't think it is unreasonable that as I was home, and the engineer failed to call, I should also receive some compensation. Can anyone tell me how you get answers out of this company - oh, and some action too? 
4 REPLIES 4
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: How do you get what you've paid for?

For help on claiming compensation for taking extra time off work see http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/delivery-rights#extra
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
kah

Thanks georgelnx.
Do MSE have advice on how to get Plusnet to do something about connecting new customers too?!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi kah,
A warm welcome to the forums.  Your query will need assistance from the staff members of the forum who do not work on Sundays.
There are a multitude of reasons why BTw / BTOR cancel orders placed by ISPs (resellers) such as PlusNet, so you will have to wait to find out what's gone wrong here - or try using chat of phone up for an answer.  Cancelled orders are at a chronic level at present and could be down to anything from a cancelation (rejection) by your current supplier through to BTOR resource / capacity issues to errors in the order placed by PlusNet.
Hope you are soon sorted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi there,
I can see a new appointment has been booked, I've just confirmed the date on one of the tickets on your account.
I've been trying to find why the initial order didn't go ahead as planned but I'm struggling to actually find that order in our suppliers system.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.