cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get to TALK to Plusnet at the moment??

MDW

How do I get to TALK to Plusnet at the moment??

On Wednesday evening, I found that my broadband subscription payment (made by direct debit) had been prematurely increased, contrary to the express terms which I had negotiated when I renewed my contract last year - so I tried to contact Plusnet to find out what was going on. Could I get through to them? Of course not.
Normal e-mail - apparently I'm not able to send a reply to their messages to my Google e-mail account.
Website e-mail - astonishingly, the same problem exists there too.
Telephone - call waiting times up to an hour (longer than my phone battery lasts) last night, but there was a special offer on, so maybe it would be faster tonight, now the offer's over. No, it isn't: it's still up to 30 minutes right now, just as it still was at 0230 on Thursday morning!
If I can't contact Plusnet to discuss what on earth they're doing, my only option appears to be to cancel the direct debit arrangement, to prevent its being abused to take this unauthorised overpayment. Can I find the terms and conditions, to find out if there's a sanction for doing that? Of course not....
And that special offer that was available until midnight on Thursday: broadband at a QUARTER of the standard rate that I'm being required to pay - but only to new customers, who also get offered £70 cashback on top. What about the existing customers? Why can't we get the same terms as the new ones? Even the banks learned (the hard way) not to play that nasty and short-termist game... It's elementary economics: the most important customers are the ones that a company already has - the real ones - not the theoretically available potential, but unknown, new ones, who may never enter into a contract with them anyway.
EE's offering me a much cheaper deal all round - and they'll reimburse up to £100 for early termination costs. Can't see me staying with Plusnet after all this: sharp practice, wilful determination not to let existing customers actually talk to them and treating us as rubbish, compared to people they haven't yet attracted into a contract.
Now how do I communicate my need for a MAC code...?
14 REPLIES 14
davidwalker900
Grafter

Re: How do I get to TALK to Plusnet at the moment??

you do not need a mac code no more i am moveing to EE on 23-24th of this mouth without asking for a mac code
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Hi MDW,
Welcome to the forums.  The phone lines can be very busy, which can be frustrating.
Email communication is not a good way for dealing with matters as it leaves not clear collective view of what is happening on an account.  Written communication over matters is conducted through the "ticketing" system - see http://www.plus.net/wizard/ - you should be prompted to logon.
You can also use the Chat service available via the portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@David,
Well if you move to EE, if the rumours are to be believed, when BT takeover EE, all of the BB customers will come over to PlusNet!  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

davidwalker900
Grafter

it depends if EE goes for the offer but i do not think the deal will go in bt sold the network to t-moblie a few years ago i think EE is worth more then they offered anyway
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Ehh?
I think you will find it was the O2 network which BT sold off.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@MDW
Sorry for any long waits trying to reach us by phone.
We don't provide any support by email, however queries can be raised with us at http://contactus.plus.net
It looks like you spoke to us yesterday morning and the issue has been dealt with.
Really sorry to see we slipped up on adding the correct number of discounts and I'm glad to see that's being dealt with for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
davidwalker900
Grafter

oh i rember now why do they not buy back O2 then then buy EE
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

One commentary suggests that BT have existing commercial obligations / partnerships with EE which would be difficult to get out of.  O2 have non-UK operations which might not be appealing to BT.

davidwalker900
Grafter

i hope custmer care calls will be more answered very fast if bt is going to buy them it will be better then here i hope plusnet being this into account open more call centres and better routers i think mine has been hacked
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What possible justification have you got for thinking your router has been hacked. If you haven't got proper anti-virus protection, turned off it's firewall and bandied around it's password (serial number), then it could have been, but then that would be through your own fault.
davidwalker900
Grafter

i use Mcafee all access protection anti-virus and firewall becuse i am going to EE i had to pay £24 to mcafee you know technicolor (router) has low reviews on a other site about a few things and alot pair to bt home hub or the ee router i say plusnet have to think about change in that they had it for how long i think the router is like 3 years old  and lags with playing online with
Anotherone
Champion

yeh 14ms real lag Roll_eyes
davidwalker900
Grafter

that last test i have on my sign at the bottom done long time ago it is around 40ms
Anotherone
Champion

Well you obviously don't understand what is going on here, it has nothing to do with the router. Your line to the Cab must be suffering either some cross-talk from other lines or interference, whatever, and that's causing errors. Either that or you've been rebooting your modem on too many occasions, all of which will result in the Dynamic Line Management (DLM) in the Cab has raised the depth of interleaving - hence the higher ping time - it may well have reduced your speed. None of this is to do with the router or Plusnet, it is your line and DLM and as you know from some of the other threads you have posted in Plusnet can't tweak it or reset it. Only Openreach can do that by visiting the Cab and only then if they have a suspect fault to justify it.