cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did Plusnet win customer service awards?

Eavestile
Dabbler

Re: How did Plusnet win customer service awards?

I don't think you can be sending any emails to a gmail address.

daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

@Eavestile Please explain
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

@daveplus wrote:

@VeniVidiFugi Because they are better than their rivals in the mass market. 

Go to https://www.thinkbroadband.com/isps/compare and see for yourself one aspect of Plusnet's rating.

@daveplus

Interesting comparison.  Plusnet out performs all of the big names consistently on every measure.  The only suppliers which "report" better are AAISP, Hyperoptic, IDNet and Zen who charge a lot more for the same products.  All of those but Zen have very low sample rates, well less than one-tenth of the Plusnet sample rate.  The Zen sample volume is less that one-quarter of the Plusnet sample volume.

In the service industry it is indeed easier to get it right more often when you do it less often … that is not to suggest getting it wrong is acceptable.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Eavestile
Dabbler

An email sent on Monday morning to my sister (on a gmail account) arrived this morning more than 48 hours later.

The same happened the previous evening with an email to a different sister.  Except the message was only 24 hours late.

I am now copying myself in on my plusnet email (instant transmission) and my own gmail account (significant delay and my own emails arriving in a different order than they were sent).

This has been going on for more than a week and according to a response on a different thread may not be fixed until October (beginning or end of the month unstated).  Where have Plusnet published they have a problem (apart from the admission on the website there has been a problem for 223 days and the next update is 1 March.

So for me the Which rating is inexplicable.

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

In the service industry it is indeed easier to get it right more often when you do it less often … that is not to suggest getting it wrong is acceptable.

So we should get the trainee doctors to do the operations rather than the consultants!

mechanic123
Aspiring Pro

@Eavestile wrote:

This has been going on for more than a week and according to a response on a different thread may not be fixed until October (beginning or end of the month unstated).  Where have Plusnet published they have a problem (apart from the admission on the website there has been a problem for 223 days and the next update is 1 March.

So for me the Which rating is inexplicable.

Sure this is not a Gmail problem? Careful reading of the mail headers should reveal where the delays occur.

Eavestile
Dabbler

I was told yesterday evening by R**** (name removed to protect the guilty) it was a billing problem.  However, he promised to investigate my problem - I gave an example) and reply to me by 6.30 pm this evening. Others have said it is not a billing problem so I expect i will be receiving an apology for misinformation along with the solution.

daveplus
Pro

I just sent an email from my Plusnet account that arrived 4 minutes later in my Gmail inbox.

I should add that I used MS Outlook rather than Plusnet Webmail.

Eavestile
Dabbler

My 18.45 from PN to GM cc PN arrived 18.45 in PN yet to arrive in GM (18.58)

My 18.53 from GM to PN  cc GM arrived immediately in GM and 17.53 in PN.

No reply from Ra***  within his timescale.

Edited to try and remove yellow blob over 18.58.(which I have not placed there).

Sorry that should be arrived at 18.53  in PN (i.e. straightaway)

daveplus
Pro

@Eavestile

Using PlusNet webmail my test email took 39 minutes to arrive at Gmail.

I recommend setting up a client to use your PlusNet account. I use Outlook but Thunderbird and others are just as good. It really makes using email much easier.

Eavestile
Dabbler

Thanks Daveplus but I use Outlook.  I gave up on webmail years ago as it was so slow.  Bluemail was much faster.

Still no sign of my email at 7.24.

daveplus
Pro

@Eavestile

Well. That has me stumped.

Sorry

Eavestile
Dabbler

Daveplus - thank you very much for your interest.  I have had my gmail account for many years but have had not too many problems with PN so no had no need to use it.  I think I will be using it much more.  My particular difficulty, having re-looked at the PN website is that the email problem dates from 2016 and PN will be responding again in 2019. I might be dead - the probability increases if I have no idea when, or if, the recipients are getting my pearls of wisdom.  Still waiting to hear from **jak.

So I will sign off.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 161

The email problem reported on the service status portal relates to something else.

This Gmail issue is down to gmail delaying acceptance of emails sent to free accounts ... not Plusnet delaying attempts to transmit.

Try sending an email addressed to both a free and paid for gmail account and another. The paid for and another addresses will receive the email promptly. The free gmail account will not receive the email for a delay time determined by Gmail.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Eavestile
Dabbler

Townman

Thanks. Why don't PN publish that Gmail are restricting access. And nothing to do with us Gov.