Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move work carried out too early

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

House move work carried out too early

House move work carried out too early, I was told this morning I am moving tomorrow so called you to start the process. Short notice I know for both you and me, I was expecting a weeks notice, but I am tying up everything I need to and Need my phone working. I can't make any calls due to work carried out today Red flag plusnet you jumped the gun, stop cheating
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
3 REPLIES 3
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: House move work carried out too early

[Victor Meldrew Stare], just got off live chat and they can't do anything before tomorrow, when I will have moved and won't have a phone line at this short a notice as the flat I am moving too has no line. Be efficient yes but this is just wrong, no work should be carried out before the move date.
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
twhart

think yourself lucky, I'm dealing with plusnet provisioning the "new line" at the house I'm supposed to be moving into in 3 weeks time. They switched it across yesterday and the family that are currently living there have now lost their phone and broadband with talk talk entirely. talk talk are refusing to switch them back on without a new 18 month contract, so where does this leave them ?

twhart

as an update to this, things finally got sorted thanks to a slightly bonkers lady who arranged for a temporary account to be created for me to use pretty much there and then.

took about 3-4 hours on the phone and web chats being bounced around between departments first though. 

Plus Net got there in the end, but they really need to look into

[a] their house move processes and

[b] in-house education of some of their support staff .. there seemed to be quite a bit of confusion about who/what etc