cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move gone wrong and verry poor Customer Support

warbleeder
Grafter

House move gone wrong and verry poor Customer Support

At the start of the month (september) i called plusnet to order a house move for the end of the month
afew days after my first call i called back to pay for the engineer fee
after that i get constant tickets and text messages saying i have to pay 49:99 for the engineer  Angry i all ready paid and angineer was booked
i also got told i had to pay the £49.99 because the phone line to the house was a virgin line and not BT.....
engineer came out on 27th the line was a BT line and he activated it......
so i call PN to inform them the engineer had been and activated the line to be called a LIAR!!!!
a week later still no broadband and i get told i have to wait a further week ......
getting sick to death of stupid differant excusess every time i call in..... it's one excuse of the other.... not differant ones.....
AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD I LIE ABOUT A ENGINEER COMEING OUT?
2 week without broadband because of ur mess up is pathetic
6 REPLIES 6
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: House move gone wrong and verry poor Customer Support

Hi there,
Quote from: warbleeder
At the start of the month (september) i called plusnet to order a house move for the end of the month
afew days after my first call i called back to pay for the engineer fee
after that i get constant tickets and text messages saying i have to pay 49:99 for the engineer  Angry i all ready paid and angineer was booked

Really sorry about this, however I can see that we've refunded the charge back to you now.
i also got told i had to pay the £49.99 because the phone line to the house was a virgin line and not BT.....
engineer came out on 27th the line was a BT line and he activated it......
so i call PN to inform them the engineer had been and activated the line to be called a LIAR!!!!

We get the information regarding phone lines directly from a database owned by our suppliers, and unfortunately it's all we have. I've no doubt there was a BT line there and that was activated by the engineer however even following his visit our information - from BT - wasn't reporting the line or the engineer visit. I apologise if the confusion caused by this caused some doubt for our agents, if you could advise of the time and date of the call I'll be happy to investigate the accusation and feed back as appropriate.
a week later still no broadband and i get told i have to wait a further week ......

I can see from the records on your account that this was placed as a simultaneous provide order, but suspect that if an engineer has been and activated the line without showing on our records then s/he may not have had access to the details of the order, hence the lack of broadband. I can confirm that an escalation has been raised on this and we're chasing it for you.
AND WHY ON EARTH WOULD I LIE ABOUT A ENGINEER COMEING OUT?

As I mentioned above I suspect this arose from confusion regarding our lack of records of the engineer, however would be happy to investigate if you could advise of the date and time of the call.
Hope that helps, and sorry for the bad experience.
warbleeder
Grafter

About the line been virgin ...if i remember correctly it was the lady who had taken the £49.99 from me
so something went seriously wrong there if bt was telling you that infomation
the guy who called me a liar was the first guy i spoke to on the 27th to inform about the engineer visit (i asked him if that was the case why do i have a Engineer TEST FILTER)
also on the 27th when i informed you about the lack of broadband i was told P/N sent BT the wrong code....
I was also told on the 27th i had a 5-7 day wait for my broadband... today i get told earliest im looking at is the 5th (wednesday) now thats 8 working days
im sick of been told one thing by one person and another by another .... stright answears aint too hard are they?
warbleeder
Grafter

ow and i asked for a manager call back before 4PM as im on the verge of leaving
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can only apologise, all we can go on is the information we have available/are given I'm afraid. Regarding the broadband on the 5th, the 27th Sept to the 5th Oct is 7 working days?
I'll see if I can get any of those calls to listen to, to make sure we feed back to the appropriate agents. If you have approximate times for these calls it'd make the search a lot easier, I'm sure you can appreciate we receive a large number of inbound calls each day.
warbleeder
Grafter

im sorry but the time was the least thing on my mind there and then... also nothing was said about 7 working days
like i said before this has been disaster after disaster ... my phone bill should give you times of calls ....
also will a manager be calling me back as im pretty much on the verge of leaving P/N
only reason i stayed is because you have a UK call centre and everyone i speak to is nice and polite and understands what i say
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'll also be making sure we check those calls ASAP, we'll have notes on your account to give us the times of the calls and we also should have separate recordings of them that we can listen back to.
also nothing was said about 7 working days

Broadband orders are almost without exception completed in 7 working days, I'm sorry if that wasn't made clear in this case.
also will a manager be calling me back as im pretty much on the verge of leaving P/N

Managers are here to manage staff and as such you may benefit more from dealing with one of us at the moment, I am sorry for the issues with support you've mentioned here and I will make sure that you're given a gesture of goodwill after the move completes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team