Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

House move, engineer no show

Z3w0z
Hooked

House move, engineer no show

Hi there,
Prior to the house move to happen on 21/03 I had confirmed with PlusNet a guarantee that service would be live at the new property at least 2 weeks in advance as 2 of us in this household work from home and internet is imperative to working - no internet no income.
I was assured that this was correct and would be all good to go come the move-in date.
I recieved an appointment date for 21/03 between 8am-1pm. Perfect. Date and time rolls by, no engineer showed up.
I call at 1:30PM and the customer support rep assures me that I am booked in today and sometimes the engineers route or a complex job means they are delayed. If they don't show by 5 call back and I would be rescheduled and receive £25 in gratuity.
5 rolls by and no show, call PN again to be told that OpenReach apparently just never took the job meaning that PlusNet never confirmed this or followed through leading up to the date of the install.
Furthermore if the above is true then the earlier customer rep lied to me as they should have known I wasn't scheduled and still told me as such.
The evening rep I spoke to said you(PlusNet) have to wait 2 business days before you can raise a complaint with OpenReach and nothing can be done before that. So I have to wait until at least Monday for only a ticket to be raised but nothing actually done? Obviously the longer I am without internet the more in income I lose from a fault admitted by PlusNet.
That's unbelievable and really quite unacceptable.
5 REPLIES 5
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: House move, engineer no show

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry to see this and especially how we've supported you with the issue. 

The initial agent shouldn't have implied that the engineer might still visit without having checked the details of the order. I'm going to pass on some feedback about how that could have been handled better. 

I'm going to take ownership of chasing the issue up with our supplier and keep you updated going forward. Could you send us a reply back to ticket  188028153 in the meantime so we can arrange another appointment for you? Here's a direct link to it: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=188028153

At present our suppliers have raised the issue with a back-end team who are looking into the problem and unfortunately Monday is likely to be the earliest that we'll receive an update on that but I will be getting this chased up then before updating you further. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Z3w0z
Hooked

Hi Adam,
Thanks for taking over on this support ticket. Replied as requested
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks, I'll get back to you as soon as I have an update. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Z3w0z
Hooked

Just to update anyone who may read the thread:
Monday 25/03 I was informed that there was a routing issue that Openreach would have fixed by the end of the day; update to be expected 26/03.
Tuesday 26/03: Told that Openreach hadn't updated on their end and therefore PlusNet couldn't confirm it was fixed or book an engineer.
Weds 27/03: I'm told that the delay is in linking the phone side to the broadband side and that their suppliers(Openreach) require two engineers one internally at the premises and another externally and by that the earliest time this can be booked in Weds 03/04.

To be put out almost 2 weeks on something that was guaranteed at the time really quite frankly sucks. Not only as a paying customer to not recieve the service I've paid for but it feels like the process hasn't been expedited.
I'm aware that you're tied to your suppliers but 2 weeks of downtime when you were given 2+weeks notice of the move makes me feel cheated even whilst ignoring loss of income due to inability to conduct work from home.
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @Z3w0z

I am deeply sorry for the inconvenience caused to you by the external work that was being carried out by Openreach in order to facilitate a connection into your premises.

I understand you were provided multiple different dates as to when the matter would be resolved and I am sorry the work had not completed than it was originally anticipated. All the information we gather from our suppliers is forwarded to you, the notes we receive from our suppliers can also be showcased to further support this.

I can see your query is being personally managed by a member of our social media department. You can view the latest information on your ticket by Clicking Here

Once your services are live at your premises, we will continue to support you with your query and will work to make amendments for the experience you have had during your House Move.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Kind regards.