cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope This is Not a Sign of Things to Come!

shantech

Hope This is Not a Sign of Things to Come!

I thought I would share my experience moving over to Plusnet as a new customer so far: It ain't good!!!!
Before I placed my order I had a working Telephone and Broadband I now have neither.
Telephone I was advised by text would move on the 28th August, Broadband 30th August. 30th August came and Phone was cut off around 10:30am I'd booked an afternoon apointment between 1-6 engineer arrived around 5 to fit router, then advised me that there was no dialtone so there was nothing he could do!
Rang Plusnet they tested the line and said there was a fault. What they really meant was BT openreach had cocked up the frame changeover. There was no fault on the line the day before worked perfectly.
Estimated time for repair Tue 3rd Sept estimated time to fit router as of yet not a clue. I'm sure Plusnet like most ISP's are powerless when it comes to BT openreach who are a law unto themselves as I have no direct access to them and indeed are Plusnets customer I have to vent my frustration and anoyance through this site.  I'll keep you posted on what is in my opinoin a poor start for a new customer.
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rule.
Update:
BT Engineer arrived am Tue 3rd Sept  morning fixed no dial tone problem. Now waiting for re-apointment for fibre guy to come back and hopefully complete the order!
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: HOPE THIS IS NOT A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME!

Hi shantech,
Sorry about that - I can see the fault has now been passed to an engineer, hopefully that means it'll be fixed today - fingers crossed that it is for you.