Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone product information - notable by it's absence or very well hidden

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Home phone product information - notable by it's absence or very well hidden

One of my referrals expressed an interest in moving to Plusnet home phone but asked for information on costs.
Easy I thought I will start from the main web site - wrong  Angry
All I can find is marketing blurb about combined packages http://www.plus.net/residential/bundles.shtml
Where can I find the costs for the two home phone packages as an add on to broadband - it should be clearly shown somewhere
Even more silly - where do I find the costs of additional features if I don't have a Home Phone package
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home phone product information - notable by it's absence or very well hidden

Hi Jim,
You could ask your friend to log in to the members centre and click on change product, that will show how much it is to add home phone to their existing products. I'm not sure if we've got that on the main site anywhere though, sorry for the hassle.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Re: Home phone product information - notable by it's absence or very well hidden

orbrey,
That gives the base cost but there is no way to find out the costs of the extra bits unless you already have a home phone package.
I got round it by emailing a screen print of it but that really isn't acceptable.
I assume, since you have responded, that the addition of these costs will be returned to the web site in a prominent place.
Note that someone wishing to compare the Plusnet home phone with the opposition (BT  ;D) will find it impossible to get the correct information as we know, for example that BT include Caller Display in the basic cost but Plusnet don't.
Just to add that the only reason I posted it here was to get it fixed for other users as it seems to be one of those things which fell off the cliff in the product refresh
paulby
Grafter

I have to agree with Jim on this.
The "stand-alone" home phone pricing seems to have disappeared and there's no pricing information (that I could readily find) for call features (all the links seem to take you to a pdf about how to use the features but nowhere tells you how much they cost). 
This is fairly basic information that you'd expect to find before making a decision about signing up to a package.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Here, here.
About six weeks ago I deleted a number of pages of information I had saved about such things, thinking I can always get that from the website if I need it - what a mistake that was.
Quote from: Oldjim
..................................................it seems to be one of those things which fell off the cliff in the product refresh
It's becoming more like a bottomless pit the more I read/see/hear as each day goes by.
Quote from: orbrey
................................ I'm not sure if we've got that on the main site anywhere though, sorry for the hassle.

Well Matt, perhaps you could have a really good look and then convince someone from sales or wherever, your new CEO perhaps, that the information should be there.
James
Grafter

Hiya,
There's some basic information floating around if you search for it, eg:
http://www.plus.net/residential/bundles.shtml#pricing
However I fully appreciate that the wealth of information about the home phone pricing which was available before the product refresh is now, not, from a pre sales perspective.
We have however raised this as an issue.  I'll try and provide an update later on today as to where we are with this. (Mand is chasing for me)
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That is the same page I linked to in the first post - except the bottom of it not the top
Mand
Grafter

Hi guys,
We opened a problem on this last week, and a fix is currently in progress. The information should be on the site, before logging in, so that prospective customers can compare our pricing.
pierre_pierre
Grafter

A slight extension to the problem, I am on the legacy 240 any time, and was thinking of moving to Value, a few people have reported that they were moved to the more expensive anytime +, no answer has been given yet, can we retain our existing package, if not why Cry
pierre_pierre
Grafter

WELL WHERES THE ANSWER
I wont move without it
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Pierre,
I went through the process of switching from BBYW1 to Value, keeping my Anytime (not Anytime+) phone package. It did not run smoothly, but thanks to the intervention of Jameseh via the forum, it was eventually sorted. See this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,74399.0.html (its only 3 pages long!)
There isn't a process that works seamlessly without such intervention, and relying on the ticket process to get it right is not necessarily a guarantee of a succesful outcome, so feel free to quote me as an example of what needs to be done. Its either that or wait (how long?) for someone at PN to develop the product change tool to cater for this particular situation, and as I doubt there are very many customers who need it I can't see it being high on PN list of priorities.
I hope you have better experience
My other car isn't a Ferrari
donnib

I also had difficulty finding comparative information and was unable to progress online application to add Anytime+ to my current broadband because I pay by / paid by Credit Card. Annoyingly I was wrongly advised when I had to phone for help &  was redirected twice on my second attempt before eventually fortunately arriving in Sheffield where things were sorted out efficiently as usual.
Always ask to be redirected to Yorkshire before wasting a lot of time.
[ Roll_eyes      J.