cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home phone outgoing calls barred

Quorneng

Home phone outgoing calls barred

Hows about this then!  Wink
Despite being on a Broadband and an anytime tariff (and paid for by direct debit) after 5 months PN have barred outgoing phone calls because I am over my credit limit.
Apparently this month all calls have been charged so not surprisingly my account is showing in arrears.
Did I receive any warning of this situation - no - just an automatic diversion of outgoing calls to the PN support centre.
So 24 hours without outgoing calls and two rather slow customer support calls later (no criticism of the staff involved who were helpful) the solution is to raise my credit limit (but it will take between 3 and 24 hours to restore out going calls to my phone) and an assurance that the billing team will get the situation resolved before the new credit runs out - yeah right!
No complaints about the broadband, pity about the phone.

1 REPLY 1
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Home phone outgoing calls barred

Hi,
Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience with this.
We do send emails to warn a customer if they're getting close to the credit limit, however as call billing is only processed once a day I suspect the barring came into effect before we were able to do that.
The orders to remove call barring do usually go through in 3 hours rather than the 24 maximum and I can see our billing team have any remaining issues in hand for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team