cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home move woes - now fixed. Thanks

Sixbomb
Grafter

Home move woes - now fixed. Thanks

I recently moved home, having informed PN a month ago so as to allow them plenty of time to sort things out (after first waiting 45 minutes on hold - will this issue ever be sorted out? It is extremely shoddy).  I perhaps should have realised all would not go to plan when following that call I received a text saying that there was a risk that my broadband order would fail.  
So I moved and, you've guessed it, my broadband didn't work.  I rang PN up and, after waiting 14 minutes on hold, was told that my broadband order had failed and that it would be activated that day...or up to a week later.
I have tried to get updates via the question route, but am told it was down to two different systems not working (whatever that means).  Had it not been for the fact that it would take longer to switch to another provider, I'd have switched in an instant.
PN should consider spending a bit more on their 'systems' rather than silly television adverts.  
5 REPLIES 5
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home move woes

Hi Sixbomb,
Really sorry with how that happened. I can see we've been able to place another order that's due to complete on the 23rd, really hope once that's gone through everything works out.
Regarding the systems, those are owned by our suppliers and while we do report these errors unfortunately we don't actually have any control over the systems themselves. We will of course make sure this has been reported though.
We'll make sure you're refunded for the time you've been without service and will do so as soon as your broadband order is completed. Once again, we're very sorry for how this has happened.
Sixbomb
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
... I can see we've been able to place another order that's due to complete on the 23rd, really hope once that's gone through everything works out.

So what your colleague advised me on the phone was an outright lie, then?
Regarding the systems, those are owned by our suppliers and while we do report these errors unfortunately we don't actually have any control over the systems themselves. We will of course make sure this has been reported though.

In which case, is it not somewhat foolish to say that you will do something when you have no control?
We'll make sure you're refunded for the time you've been without service and will do so as soon as your broadband order is completed. Once again, we're very sorry for how this has happened.

Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
Not sure which phone call it is you're referring to I'm afraid, but of course if you have been lied to it will need to be fed back to the agent concerned. If you could pass on some details about when I'll look into that for you and make sure it is fed back appropriately.
Regarding the foolishness, I assume you're referring to us reporting the error? As it's the only path we have, I think it would be more foolish if we didn't. Sorry if that's not what you meant though.
Sixbomb
Grafter

Got home and all appears to be working. Thank you.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Home move woes - now fixed. Thanks

Great news, I guess that's the broadband as well?
The order hasn't completed officially yet so even if it is working we'd rather leave the house move open until it does if that's alright with you? Once it's closed off we'll arrange the refund.