Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Speed Broadband link disappeared from Connection Settings

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: High Speed Broadband link disappeared from Connection Settings

Quote from: Chris
............I appreciate that some of you used this but on the whole it wasn't hugely used by most.

IMHO, I think that's a "toe the company line" remark. Where is the statistic proof, if any Roll_eyes
Not only was it used a lot by Bright Sparks and others, helping forum members posting with their problems, but there will be many who will be sufficiently astute or will have read forum posts, and will use it/have used it to do their own checks.
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 257

I agree, AO - I've been having speed 'problems' for a while, and that is one of my first ports of call if things start to wobble.
John
MDov
Grafter

+1 for having this reinstated
dsluk
Grafter

Another vote for reinstatement 
mlmclaren
Grafter

reinstating it is one way too go... or they could get rid of the silly QOS system that restrict bandwidth in the first place... I feel this will make lines run better for everybody*...
* not including those affected by bandwidth issues... or anything else affecting us currently.
Anotherone
Champion

It won't help the Traffic management though. Are you really serious that a 1 or 2 Mbps speed drop when running at 60+Mbps is something to worry about, and it's only a few kbps at ADSL speeds - I'd rather have good traffic management thanks. There is more throughput speed loss by being on certain Gateways than there is resulting from the Traffic Management and Current Line Speed.
mlmclaren
Grafter

@Anotherone, my reference to binning QOS is not to gain the speed it uses back...
It was based on whilst having issues with bandwidth (congestion maybe) I've found QOS "seems" not to work too well.
For instance, when I'm having bandwidth issues, If I have something running, say a stream and then I run something else.. maybe online gaming I've found the connection to go a bit mental and the stream ends up dead...
(note the stream is radio not HD video or anything else with huge requirement... just 128-320kbps)
Also if having a network level QOS system is so good then wouldn't other ISP's be doing it too?Huh
I think End Users should get what they can get and then its "our" responsibility how we use it and what we use it with...
Estragon
Rising Star

The traffic prioritisation works at network level as well as the individual line. It wouldn't work if it didn't, as the Gaming and VOIP for instance have to get all the way through without poor latency or holdups. If your Voip could be held up by 100 other users' streaming there isn't much point in prioritising on your line.
mlmclaren
Grafter

I understand that, but i've found it doesn't work if bandwidth is reduced in circumstances such as congestion!
Anotherone
Champion

It would be even worse without it. Clearly you've never experienced the overall slow downs and related lag issues that have occurred on networks like Virgin Media cable where it hasn't been employed. Anyway you are taking this thread off-topic, this is about access to the Current Line speed value/setting, it has nothing to do with the removal of Current Line Speed  itself, which is not what Plusnet have done.
godsell4
Rising Star

Err, Yes reinstate the icon and feature please.
As somebody who has an unstable line, like many other people do, trying to see if the problem is due to the PN or BTW profile is my first place to look
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
dhauser

Please reinstate. We (the customers) obviously find this very useful, so why would you not have it there?
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

+1 for reinstatement.  It should never have been put in Room 101.
Luzern
Hero
Fixes: 9

+1 but might it be better named?
No one has to agree with my opinion, but in the time I have left a miracle would be nice.
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Quote from: alext05
Thanks, Peter. Here is the direct link:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
Over to you, Plusnet. Why?

Ahem...... It's still there!
My concern is PN make it hard to find then they say it has been removed because no one was using it  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra