cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us recycle your old router

Phaeton
Rising Star

Help us recycle your old router

Received an email today asking to return a router, I have no problems with that, in fact I have no idea where the original one is, not used it for many many years, but I do have a brand new one was sent to me a while ago & it's still in the box un-opened.

However here is the issue, this is the email

We're sorry that you're not with Plusnet anymore, but hope you might be able to help us with one small thing. 

We hate to think of your old Plusnet Hub One gathering dust in a forgotten corner somewhere, either because you've got a shiny new one from your new broadband provider, or you've sworn off the internet entirely. That's why we're sending you a returns bag in the post, and asking if you would be so kind as to send the router back to us. 

It's a free returns service, and it means we can keep as many devices out of landfill as possible. With many of them we're able to refurbish and recycle, meaning we're doing our bit to make Plusnet a much more sustainable business. 

For a little added incentive, if you send your old router back to us we'll enter you into a prize draw* to win a shiny, brand new iPad. 

So if you're keen, please pop your Hub One router, along with the power supply and any Ethernet cables, ADSL cables, microfilters that you might have, (and the box if you still have that too) and post it through a post box or to the local Post Office. 

Less clutter for you, and a better outcome for the environment.
Best wishes, 

Team Plusnet[/quote]

Sent from an email that doesn't accept replies, no details of where to send said router to, how to advise you of who I am so I can be entered into the mysterious prize draw?

Love the effort, but does need a bit more thought.

9 REPLIES 9
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Help us recycle your old router

Hi @Phaeton, there should be a freepost returns bag on it's way to you that you can put the router in to send back to us. The address should already be on the label.

We'll match your router up to your account using the serial number of the router when it arrives back with us and then the details would be entered in to the prize draw.

I hope this helps, apologies for any confusion the email has caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
Phaeton
Rising Star

@HarryB That's great but why wasn't that put in the email? Seems somebody hasn't thought this through fully, but Thank you for your help.

bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

@Phaeton wrote:
We hate to think of your old Plusnet Hub One gathering dust in a forgotten corner somewhere, either because you've got a shiny new one from your new broadband provider, or you've sworn off the internet entirely. That's why we're sending you a returns bag in the post, and asking if you would be so kind as to send the router back to us. 

Thanks for the feedback. What would you suggest we change the wording to?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anonymous
Not applicable

For a little added incentive, if you send your old router back to us we'll enter you into a prize draw* to win a shiny, brand new iPad. 

To make it worth your while, if you send your old router back to us we'll use the router's serial number to tie it to your account and enter you into a prize draw* to win a shiny, brand new iPad. 

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

"a prize draw* to win a shiny, brand new iPad. " What's the first prize though?

Is this a new thing? I suspect my old Hub One is languishing in a drawer somewhere.

Phaeton
Rising Star

Yes I clearly need to go to Specsavers, I read it 3 times, well clearly I didn't, anyway as the bag has not arrived it won't be returned

win2003
Grafter

Hmmm... I too have old/obsolete Plusnet routers (Thomson, 2704n, BT HomeHubs etc). What do people do with them?! I presume Plusnet will not want them back and not really worth anything on eBay - seems such a waste.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @win2003,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are part of the WEE scheme, you can recycle the router through a WEE recycling centre or send it back to us. You can find more information on it here: https://www.plus.net/help/legal/plusnet-and-the-weee-legislation/.

Thank you.

win2003
Grafter

Thanks Mads, that's very helpful. That's just the push I need to have a final sort out - I could use the storage space.