cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help us improve the Plusnet Website (takes 2 minutes)

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Help us improve the Plusnet Website (takes 2 minutes)

Calling all Plusnet customers,

I'd really appreciate 2 minutes of your time to help us improve the Plusnet website:
(Note: Please don't take part if you're not a Plusnet customer, or if you're Plusnet Staff!)

1. Visit this link: https://usabilityhub.com/do/s/55ef0
  2. You'll be given some simple instructions to carry out
  3. You'll be shown an image of the Plusnet site (which may differ from the currently live site)
  4. Carry out the instructions you were given, as naturally as you would if you were genuinely using the Plusnet site.

The whole process takes about 2 minutes, and helps us greatly in understanding how our customers use the site to achieve a particular action.

Your help is greatly appreciated by all of us here at Plusnet.

Cheers,

Matt

30 REPLIES 30
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

Re: Help us improve the Plusnet Website (takes 2 minutes)

i bet the result would be worse if you asked where to find my open tickets ?

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I don't doubt that aspect of our site could use some improvement. However we're looking for something fairly specific from this exercise so the wording has been chosen accordingly.

It's my firm hope that we'll be doing more of this sort of thing in future and getting more input from our customers - so that all the areas of our site can be made easier to use.

Thanks for participating in the test.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

I agree its a Good idea Thumbs_Up anything that asks its customers for input has to be better than someone sat in a office deciding

Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

And will we hear any results of this exercise from plusnet?

Or even some whimsical thoughts.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

so why do I only get one test despite the screen saying Thank you your next test will start in a moment

Anonymous
Not applicable

I too only got one test and that was regarding viewing my bill, but because I'm a forum user I knew where to click. But what may be needed is to ask some customers that have never contacted Plusnet before to get an unbiased view otherwise I think your results may be skewed.

Browni
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 60

I also only got one test.

Perhaps we passedGrin

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous wrote:

hat may be needed is to ask some customers that have never contacted Plusnet before to get an unbiased view otherwise I think your results may be skewed.

That's a valid point Mook. However, what we're specifically interested in the first instance is the impact of changes to our existing customer base. Once we've got enough data on this we may open the test out to non-customers.

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@billnotben wrote:

And will we hear any results of this exercise from plusnet?

Or even some whimsical thoughts.

Ideally I'd like to post a bit of a synopsys of the results and learnings so you can all be part of that. I'll have to check that out with others around the business but it's not out of the question. Engaging our Customers more is the aim of the game after all! (well and learning lots of useful things...)

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Oldjim wrote:

so why do I only get one test despite the screen saying Thank you your next test will start in a moment

That's a quirk of the website we're using, it's setup primarily for users to take part in a series of tests. It's a bit daft that the wording isn't changed when you're invited to take part in a single test. If I get a chance I'll pass on the feedback, but I don't expect an update right away.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mtrinder wrote:

That's a valid point Mook. However, what we're specifically interested in the first instance is the impact of changes to our existing customer base. Once we've got enough data on this we may open the test out to non-customers.

@mtrinder - I don't mean non-customers I mean customers that are not so familiar with the site in question. You will be able to ascertain from your logs who and who has not logged into the Member Centre, I am referring to the ones that haven't logged in being the ones to ask. And of course the reason they may not have logged in is because they don't know they can or where or how to.

These are the people that really matter not the ones here (no offence guys) as we are more than familiar with how things work.

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Anonymous wrote:

I mean customers that are not so familiar with the site in question. You will be able to ascertain from your logs who and who has not logged into the Member Centre, I am referring to the ones that haven't logged in being the ones to ask. And of course the reason they may not have logged in is because they don't know they can or where or how to.

That's an excellent point, and with a bit more set-up I see no reason why it wouldn't be possible for us to identify those users and email them directly.

At the moment we're just dipping our toes in the water, but hopefully this sort of thing will become much more commonplace and we'll have several methods of "recruiting" testers at our disposal.

So far reaching out to the Community has yielded 21 responses to the test within 4 hours, which is a good start and helps us get a finger in the air quickly. I'm hopeful the volume will continue to increase (and may pin the post later).

However when we start recruiting from other sources I can compare the volume of responses, and I'll be able to segment  the test results to see if there's a difference in behaviour between Community and the wider base. (You've already hinted at you chaps being generally more tech savvy).

Should be interesting Smiley

Thanks again for taking part in this "experiment" Cheesy

mtrinder
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@Oldjim wrote:

They've now fixed this, based on your feedback - so cheers!

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I think I'll get my wife to try taking the test - God knows what you'd make of her results!

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)