cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help no Broadband and Plusnet don't care!

tallandslim

Help no Broadband and Plusnet don't care!

My broadband connection has now been down for 6 days. All I get is e mails which tell me nothing and when I called CS the guy didn't care about my problem and was quite rude to me. It was all going so well, but it looks like i'll be going back to Sky at the first opportunity at whatever cost.
B
11 REPLIES 11
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Help no Broadband and Plusnet don't care!

Hi tallandslim,
I'm looking at this now for you, sorry about the delay. I'll post back shortly when I've more information.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Right, this is now in the hands of our faults team and should be updated shortly. From what I can see we've raised it to BT and they've done some initial tests and remapped the circuit on the RAS though this hasn't helped. We'll be passing it back and should have more information hopefully before the end of the day.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just checked on this again for you and there's no updates as yet though I can see a couple of touches from BT on the fault so it is still under investigation. I'll let you know as soon as I'm aware of anything.
tallandslim

Thanks for looking, but 7 days without the fault being fixed is taking the Michael a bit.
Can you please tell me how much it would cost me to get out of my contract? I recall
there is the set up fee and modem costs to pay.
Thanks
James
Grafter

As things stand, you would need to buy out the remainder of your contract (although those rules are due to change later this month).
Let us get your fault fixed for you - our faults team are trying - BT made some configuration changes yesterday which didn't appear to help.  In all likelihood, if you left now, you would probably take your problem with you.
I'll try and get a further update.
James
Grafter

BT have identified a fault on your line.  They are going to be "rejumpering" it.
They've said that this will be done either today or Monday.
tallandslim

Thanks James, if only the person that I spoke to on the phone was so informative. I understand that things break down, it's just not knowing the details and time needed to get the fault fixed makes the problem worse.  Maybe I'll stay with Plusnet afterall!
Cheers
tallandslim

Still no Broadband.
tallandslim

STOP PRESS! We have a connection 🙂
reserved
Grafter

Grin
James
Grafter

That's excellent news.
I've just raised a new ticket on your account.