Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Quote from: mlmclaren
RIght, Another reason I joined PLusnet was the ticket system... I want my contract cancelling immediately...

You can still use the ticket system: contactus.plus.net
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

Quote from: I
You can still use the ticket system: contactus.plus.net
Regards
Mike

I noticed but I can only update existing tickets and not create new tickets in future.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

If you click [More] under the required heading, then click other, it will allow you to raise a ticket.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

mlmclaren
Grafter

So basically Plusnet's trying to hide stuff from us now then... and how long do we suppose these links will last for and if the tickets will actually be answered...
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Obviously offline support is a different issue, but for online fault reporting and resolution, I would have nothing against a system which started with the 'Live Chat' facility as long as the 'conversation' was accessible for future reference, and was available 24/7.
If necessary any problem could be escalated to a formal ticket (also accessible by the customer) in a seamless fashion, thereby moving away from the current situation where we've got one system which can only resolve straightforward problems (and not at all outside Live Chat hours) and another (which PlusNet is trying to discourage the use of) whose exact function, and when it should be deployed, has suddenly become unclear.
I appreciate that internal systems can take a lot of resources to change, but what we've got now is messy and must be inefficient for PlusNet as well as confusing to customers - why can't all faults raised online via Live Chat be given a fault/reference number so they can be accessed for future reference by all, whether they are dealt with at the time or require follow up work by the faults team? PlusNet could then get rid of the separate ticketing system altogether.
The process needs to be joined up, it needs to be got right, and it needs to happen soon!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

How many times do I and others have to make it clear, there will be circumstances when using Live Chat will not be suitable or perhaps appropriate, even and especially when raising a fault. Making life difficult to get to tickets is just not acceptable. How many more nails in the coffin are there going to be?
rongtw
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 12

well said Anotherone  Cool  + 1 from me
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

And as some of the tickets are automatically generated, you need to be able to access your tickets easily to see things that happen. Look at your closed tickets for the past year to see what I mean. I have very few issue(problem) tickets but a shed load of tickets which contain information which I need to verify.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
hillyfields123
Grafter

Tickets of this kind are usually called "Service Notices" and along with georgelnx I found the ability to view them easily very useful on occasions..
Do the management lot have forum accounts?! Cheesy
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Having failed to discourage us from raising tickets by hiding it, it looks like Plusnet have started a new tactic - making the response time to tickets so slow that we have to ring up or use chat to jump the queue (see attached).
The danger here is that if people have raised a ticket and some time later contacted by phone or chat (and they don't mention the open ticket), there will be tickets left in the queue where the user already has the answer.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Quote from: jelv

The danger here is that if people have raised a ticket and some time later contacted by phone or chat (and they don't mention the open ticket), there will be tickets left in the queue where the user already has the answer.

I'd expect that agents on calls or chats to close any open tickets on an account that they can whilst they have the account open.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

and - going by previous examples of fat finger syndrome - what is the chances of them closing ones the customer doesn't want closing
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Jim,
CRT appear to have no "position" to positively progress this matter or respond with any indication that the decision will be reversed.  They are simply conduits of the user feedback to parties who appear to have no intent on saying what they will do in response.
Thereby the thread is going nowhere - should it therefore be locked?
Kevin

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Naah!!
If I did jelv and others would just start another one - better to keep all the - very justified - complaints in one place
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Quote from: JayG
When asking a question (raising a ticket):
Tip5: When raising your ticket save a copy of your text to a Word file or similar, because the ticket only shows PlusNet's 'feedback', not your original question.
I'm sure someone will point out if I am missing anything here, but in the meantime I certainly hope that when the role of 'Chatting' about faults is finally clarified and established, the whole faults system is made a bit more straightforward and user-friendly.

Having raised a ticket and had replies from the faults team (as distinct from the automated testing and 'replies') the text of my original 'question' appeared amongst their reponses - whether that happens as a matter of course or because it was manually appended I don't know - probably still a good idea to keep your own copy of your original question just in case.