Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

^^ I agree with this. I do hope Plusnet will u-turn and put the primary link to Tickets/Questions back as it was!
ffox
Pro

I've just used Live Chat (for a line speed reset) and it worked very well.  Easy to use and very quick result.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

That's the point - there are circumstances where Live Chat is totally appropriate and we are happy for it to be featured prominently.
What isn't acceptable is that it is almost impossible (unless you've been given a link) to find your tickets or to find out where to raise a new ticket.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
rongtw
Seasoned Hero

If PN are reading this forum ,, and taking note i hope WHEN and if they bring the Tickets system easier to access PLEASE fix it first
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
KatC
Grafter

@ rongtw
All comments and feedback from the forums will be passed on to the relevant teams.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

KatC,
Turing this "around" what was the rationale for removing the link to the ticket system please?
One can understand and support the desire to give more prominent promotion of the chat service, as it is ideal for issues requiring no follow through.  However for complex line and other issues (as is the bulk of issues dealt with here) the ticket system is essential.  It is also the only source of record of automated actions on user's accounts.
Plainly and simply, I do not understand the logic of "hiding" the link, unless there is an intent to steer users away from raising tickets... possibly as a "management inspired" means of improving ticket turn around times.
Please forgive the apparent cynicism, but I spent 35 years in IT and this would not be a unique case of "management inspired" (dictated) change with the sole purpose to influence stats (upon which their bonus payments hang?) in the "right " direction.  It is not a sound engineering approach, it does not address causes, but symptoms.  I have been there and have a full drawer of tee shirts...
If there is no hidden agenda / spin here, what is the difficulty is saying "We have listened to the feedback and we will re-instate clear, visible and easy to find links to the ticketing system as soon as we can release the changes"?  Especially given the hard work by Chris Pettitt, Scott Storey, Linn and co delivering the recent improvements to the ticketing system?  Surely it is more effective for the support channel to work tickets without the pressure of the user on the other end of the phone or a live chat session?  It certainly gives the dark hours team something to do between the infrequent phone calls... Shocked
I can discern no engineering or customer service merit of this change, I have therefore to conclude that other motives are in play...?
Cheers,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Hi Kevin,
I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, the idea of the changes were to promote live chat and calls. The satisfaction rating and efficiency of these outweighs tickets quite significantly.
Faults and other similar issues can still be raised through either  the faults checker (faults.plus.net) or the help assistant (help.plus.net). Certain support pages and queries asked on Ask Jess will continue to provide the link to the help assistant too.
If there is no hidden agenda / spin here, what is the difficulty is saying "We have listened to the feedback and we will re-instate clear, visible and easy to find links to the ticketing system as soon as we can release the changes"? 

Although we're passing the feedback on I'm not sure that the link will be reinstated, certainly not in the same way it was previously.
Surely it is more effective for the support channel to work tickets without the pressure of the user on the other end of the phone or a live chat session? 

It's more efficient and produces a higher satisfaction rating to use Live Chat.
It certainly gives the dark hours team something to do between the infrequent phone calls...

I don't think there's any 'downtime' between calls, even in the early hours now.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

Quote from: I
PN are chat hours going to be extended to 24/7?
Regards
Mike

Any response on this PN ?
So when chat time ends ( 8 or 9 pm can not remember)  , users who would have usually have opened a ticket , are then forced on to the phone lines ( increasing wait times for all) , as they can not easily find how to open a ticket.
I think I've mentioned it earlier in the thread, the idea of the changes were to promote live chat and calls

@Chris are more resources going in to people answering phones , as wait times are still not great.
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Chris
Although we're passing the feedback on I'm not sure that the link will be reinstated, certainly not in the same way it was previously.

Chris you are missing something here:
TWO things have been hidden away in a very obscure place that the vast majority of users will not find

• The ability to raise a ticket for an issue

• The ability to view tickets

Please can you assure us that as an absolute minimum an appropriately visible link will be restored to give the ability to view tickets.
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Oh wonderful - I've just seen a post on Usenet p.s.c-f where raising a ticket was advised on Live Chat!
I just had to use Chat to try to get a referral recognised but was told that data protection meant that, rather than work from the information I was providing, the new account holder had to raise a ticket! And I can't see the ticket link on 'Help & Support'...

Angry
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

going to unsubscription this thread now. Getting fed up with long thread now.  Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

It's going to get a lot longer yet! It might even get to rival Don't feed the Ducks
kitz
Aspiring Pro

@Oldjim - if you wanted to get support why wouldn't live chat be an option instead of a ticket (honest question, we want feedback!).
All chats are logged and recorded, we can access the logs if needed and a customer can request the chat log is emailed to them as part of the chat.
I'm flagging all of this info back in internally so we can see the different points, opinions and comments here.

Giving my feedback.
I think its a stupid idea.  You definitely need to be able to see tickets past and present.
Its usually late at night by the time I get to sit down and write out a ticket - its no good for those people whom by this time the live chat has closed.
If I need something urgent then I'll phone (ignoring the fact that the past few times the call wait has been horrendous).   But sometimes you want to type it all out and add screen caps etc.  
I also may on occasions contact support re other lines and access to the ticket system is useful for me to be able to recap what has been done and said.   There must be more than just me who have referrals and are named as authorised user on several accounts.  
Please bring it back.
mlmclaren
Grafter

The contact us page does though?
https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/contact/

RIght, Another reason I joined PLusnet was the ticket system... I want my contract cancelling immediately...
AndyH
Grafter

I hope the live chat system has changed since I last used it. When I tried to report a fault, I went through all the details over live chat only to be told that I have to raise a fault ticket.
Quote from: mlmclaren
RIght, Another reason I joined PLusnet was the ticket system... I want my contract cancelling immediately...

You can cancel your contract whenever you want, but it will cost you.