Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

This is so disgrace! Tickets must be shown via member account not hidden it or disappear. I am so annoyed by it. Unbelieved! Angry
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Tickets are shown goldenfibre, they haven't disappeared, it's just the difficulty in getting there now.  Follow the links in my or jelv's or Townman's sigs.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

Well it pretty disgrace by Plusnet team to removed it off. It's so damn hard and difficult to find the ticket. I am so angry with Plusnet.
BRING IT BACK!
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

GF,
Are you in need of anger management therapy?  You seem to get so angry at every twist and turn around here.  Yes these are annoyances but they are not life threatening matters which need to put your blood pressure up so much.  Chill a little, be proportionate, less your persistent anger pops a blood vessel!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rongtw
Seasoned Hero

it is a bit ridiculous when the easiest way to find a link is to look at someone,s forum SIG  Crazy
AND they dont even work for PN
Asus ROG Hero Vii Z97 , Intel i5 4690k ,ROG Asus Strix 1070,
samsung 850evo 250gig , WD black 2 TB . Asus Phoebus sound ,
16 gig Avexir ram 2400 , water cooling Corsair H100i gtx ,
Corsair 750HXI Psu , Phanteks Enthoo pro case .
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

True!
Whilst I can understand promoting facilities in the order perceived to be preferred, I do not understand the removal of easy to find links to the suggested least preferred options.  Provocatively I suggest that popularity and discernment might be at opposite ends of a choice spectrum!  Wink

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

And what do the mods and bright sparks feel the typical experience of a newbie or even long term customers who have a problem is. My observation is that by finding the forums or browsing the PN webspace they get guided to or by reporting a fault they find the ticket system. After that the forums or a ticket is the first port of call.
Why PN have decided to fix a system that ain't bust is beyond me. Also what are the bright sparks and mods going to guide the distraught or bemused towards now? There was an accepted unwritten agreement between staff and volunteers which seems to have been disregarded  Angry
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

What a ball ache it is to find how to raise a ticket now!!! And trying to find the closed ticket number of the fault which was previously raised, so I could add it to the new one as reference was impossible, until after creating the new ticket.
Quote from: Chris
If you've got an issue you want to raise by ticket, why not give the live chat a go?

Because I hate live chat facilities. The operator is usually also helping another 4 or 5 people and the responses are inevitably not very quick. I don't have the inclination to sit around waiting for 5 other people to be served before me every time I make a response. I also know my fault is not going to be resolved via live chat, so what's the point? It needs engineers at the exchange, who failed to fix the fault the previous time it was reported. The previous ticket was ongoing for 3 to 4 weeks, so probably impacted on response rates!!
Bad move.
Mark
Mark
Grafter

Is this such a bad thing or is it that we seldom like change?
Live Chat, if implemented, managed and measured correctly can be extremely efficient and deliver a much needed boost to right first time resolution. Call wait times and average ticket response times have been challenging for a while. Effective use of live chat, providing the proper drivers and metrics are in place should increase RFT or resolution on first touch on most occasions, reducing ticket tennis and long wait times on the phone.
What Plusnet have done badly is the comms piece. This could have been pitched and sold to the community really well, ensuring the massive benefits were understood and bringing the mods and bright sparks onboard. That this thread exists with the doubt, mistrust and confusion therein smacks of epic fail or, oops, we forgot about the community.
It's change, badly managed, but not necessarily bad. I'm prepared to let it bed in. It'll take around 3 months for the full benefit to become apparent. Let's see what the forums look like in the coming weeks and how customer sat is impacted. If there's no apparent change then live chat has been implemented poorly and it's back to the drawing board for CS management.
In my view, give it time. If it fails then a kicking is justified, but kicking just because change has occurred, without waiting to see the benefits is a waste of energy.
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

I do like live chat. Useful. Far better than waiting so ages on the phone. But the support ticket is so wrong to disappear from the support page is a let down.
Mark
Grafter

It hasn't disappeared, they've just made it more difficult to get at, which is understandable given that they want live chat to work. I'd expect the feedback on this thread to improve the visibility of raising a ticket whilst ensuring live chat remains prominent.
dnpark38
Rising Star

Mark, I'm new and not known the good times so I'm disappointed with Support issues.
How many new people will be in same boat and not recommending Plusnet to others.
I believed all the publicity about Awarding winner Support and UK based etc.
Many years ago ADSL24 (Entanet) was highly recommended and I joined unfortunately many, many others did and their equipment and systems could not cope with the number of customers.
I left and joined a professional aimed ISP called Be although I'm domestic I signed up, they were sold to SKY a year or so ago.
Plusnet need to do as you say need to get their act together as customers will vote with their feet.
http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/button/1476198475230638155-mini.png
goldenfibre
Seasoned Pro

If Plusnet making things more harder and difficult for customer, then I do fear that many customers will leave plusnet when their contract has expire.
Marksfish
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 4

Not so easy for those of us only in their first 3 months!!!
I don't use the live chat facility on any of the customer support sites I go to. I do not like it, just my personal opinion. I would rather wait on the end of a phone line listening to endless elevator music, because when the call is finally answered I will be attended to 1 on 1., not being bandied between x amount of other customers at the same time. Multi tasking? It can end up horribly if the wrong info was given to the wrong customer!!!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Quote from: Mark
Is this such a bad thing or is it that we seldom like change?

It's got nothing to do with change Mark! Did we complain about the introduction of Live Chat? - That was change, no of course we didn't Roll_eyes
Live chat is a great thing, but it also has it's limitations in certain circumstances.and just because we want the links restored doesn't mean we want the prominence of Live Chat to be reduced - did anyone suggest it should be? Shocked
Removal of the primary link to Tickets/Questions is a bad thing. I would have thought that the reasoned constructive comments that most of us have posted in amongst the harsh ones, clearly showed that.