Did you mean: 

Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 162

Re: Help Assistant removed - unable to view tickets

Quote from: plusnettony
I'll have to ring them, and then I'll update your ticket.

It's all on the account. Look at https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=tickets to see all closed tickets on the account.

If you haven’t already, if you could document this on the ticket, we can take this up with the supplier for you.

Tony,
You make the case for necessity of easy access to the ticketing system very well.  It is a shame that you have to spend your valuable time providing explicit links to individual users.  What is actually being done (that is plans for action) by the recipients of the feed back to make life easier for PlusNet's own staff to say nothing of their customers?
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anon
Pro

And the only comment from PN in the face of so many customer complaints is
I'd expect that agents on calls or chats to close any open tickets on an account that they can whilst they have the account open.

Used to be a good system, but now they are left open for days without comment and for me indicative of PN once more falling from the heights of a once good ISP. Left them once because of a mighty fall, looks like heading out  again. Start looking on Thinkbroadband.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Off the top of my head, I believe only faults and complaints will take longer to answer, and both systems provide guidelines when they are raised as to time lines. If it's neither of these, please provide any examples that you may have so that I can investigate further.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Using Live Chat wouldn't be so bad if it actually worked - I've just tried to use it for the first time and it's saying
1 field was not completed correctly.
Complete the required field
I've filled in all the fields!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gofaster
Rising Star

Chat is completely crazy like that  Angry
If you are not logged in you don't have to provide any details (but then you get connected to the sales team who can't help with anything)
If you *are* logged in it asks for your details  Crazy Why do we have to provide these again?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

For what it is worth...
In seeking to provide feed back to a CRT member referencing the ticketing system as a source of information on contract details, I went to double check the Contact us pages...
I noted with interest at a little before 17:55 the preferred by most cats CHAT service was unavailable, leaving the phone service as the only means of residential users contacting PlusNet support.
I then went and looked at the BUSINESS users tab and found an email icon with the text "Send us a message".  Clicking that link takes one to the familiar Help Assistant page with a link at the bottom to open questions.
So (in the form of feedback) my question to PlusNet is - "Are you planning to restrict the ticketing system to only Business users?"
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Townman
I then went and looked at the BUSINESS users tab and found an email icon with the text "Send us a message".  Clicking that link takes one to the familiar Help Assistant page with a link at the bottom to open questions.
I noticed that the other day and filed it away in the "when needed" box.  Wink
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Quote from: zombies
Looking at the front of the member page, I see no 'Chat' system - however, you say it should be there and I've seen other references to it here.
After a little investigation - my Firefox browser does not show it as an option (FF 36.0.4).
Internet Explorer 11 does show it as an option.
Only thing I can think of is one of my FF add-ons is disabling or removing the 'chat' option from me.
This could be one of my add-ons, but the only 2 I can immediately think of capable of doing this would be AdBlock Plus, Flash Blocker or Ghostery.
Will fiddle with these and see if I can get it to appear on the page and will report back Smiley
Edit: Turned out Ghostery was blocking it entirely - whitelisted portal.plus.net and all seems well Smiley

@CRT,
Is PlusNet aware that some browser plug-ins could be making the "preferred" contact route invisible to some users?
Kevin

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So (in the form of feedback) my question to PlusNet is - "Are you planning to restrict the ticketing system to only Business users?"

I don't know. I'll ask the question.
Is PlusNet aware that some browser plug-ins could be making the "preferred" contact route invisible to some users?

Possibly not, but I'll feed this back.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anon
Pro

How fascinating, when further up this thread the ticketing system and when it is replied to is robustly defended and here there is a chink that it may well be withdrawn to residential users. If PN staff do not know then there must be discussions about it. Best way to take it away is to make it unworkable and make punters use the live chat and phones. Looks like they are seriously working on the first part of this.
Whatever happens always remember "We will do you
.........................proud" say Pnet.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I've started a poll for people to register their preferences on this subject: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,138400
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mlmclaren
Grafter

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Quote from: Chris

I don't know. I'll ask the question.

I asked. The answer is... As we don’t currently have full scale Live Chat for our Business Support, we aren’t intending to make the same changes, however this may change in future depending on business needs
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Hi Chris,
You are between a rock and hard place...  Cheesy Roll_eyes
I hope "business needs" includes "customer needs across the spectrum" not just "stated preference of a few in a survey".
The poll running in the front of the user portal on this subject is producing some interesting results...
Kevin

VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Don't worry folks!
I've just downloaded the Plusnet Handbook - all 13 pages of it:-

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."