cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello all. Will someone PLEASE listen and act.

DelphGeek
Grafter

Hello all. Will someone PLEASE listen and act.

Hi all. New to these Forums so apologies in advance for any unintentional acts of stupidity (or anger)
We live in a rural location thus our "broadband" is very poor. 1.4Mbs We accept this. It does make it difficult to watch iPlayer and a new Linux Distro takes around 4 hours for 1.6Gb. However we are patient and cope.
Seeing that Plusnet now offer fast fibre, I signed up on 26 July and hoped that fibre would resolve many of the slow and fluctuating broadband problems.
15 August, Openreach came to the house to install new fibre equipment and change internal terminals etc. The engineer and I both did line speed checks and agreed that the speed had dropped... to around 900kbs.  He claimed that the next stage was a pole check to see if the telegraph pole was safe to climb. If so, they would need to replace the old cable from the pole in a neighbours garden to our house. In the meantime I called PN to see if they could avoid charging me the fibre cost until this was resolved...they couldn't. A few days later a really nice bloke from Openreach turned up, checked and repaired the pole and reported as safe to climb. Next stage, cable to house from now safe pole... 3 September. Waited in all day as agreed with PN for a call 8-1 from BT to re cable.
No show. however, we noticed that Openreach were replacing two poles in the opposite direction on our lane. No one came near our house or the correct pole.
Are you keeping up with this so far?
Called PN in evening of 3rd. Explained no show. passed to provisioning team. They claimed mix up in numbers? and have now enabled Fibre. ye haa. Wait one hour it should be fine. Called back the following morning to explain that it was the same as before, 900kbs, slow. The PN person spoke to provisioning who apparently ran a line speed test and agreed. Was 1 - should be around 6.3. Raised another fault ticket, waiting 72 hours for response. Waited 48 hours, got a reply asking for a time slot for engineer to come and check the line and may charge £60.00 if internal error etc. Pick a time to send an engineer to find out what the fault is!!! I have just called and made an appointement for ANY day ANY time as soon as possible. If I have to play these games then so be it.
Why do I as an exceptionally patient person feel like bursting everytime I hear someone at Plusnet say "how can I help you?"
It's not all your fault guys and you do listen well and make all the right noises, but surely someone with authority can actually take a personal interest and call me back as requested and just act.
Having just been dumped back into the ever widening loop, I am airing my concerns using the forums and for the first time ever, I am about to start a complaint. I sure hope this has a knock on effect to openreach managers.
I am paying for fibre. My download allowance has been reduced. I have slower broadband than before i moved to fibre. And since 26 July i am now back in the same endless loop.
Really sorry to moan folks, but I feel powerless against faceless bureaucracy. Most of the Plusnet folks have been excellent, it just doesn't make any difference.
Good luck to you all.
Ian W
Huh

5 REPLIES 5
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Hello all. Will someone PLEASE listen and act.

Welcome to the forum and reading your post you have been exceptionally patient.
Why do I wince whenever I read Openreach and problems of broken appointments in a post   Lips_are_sealed
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Ian:  We'll get this sorted out.  One of the Digicare guys will pick this up on Monday and make sure it's moving properly!
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
DelphGeek
Grafter

Hi again. Just as a point of interest, my speed has now dropped again consistently to around 300kbps. all day....Maybe I should stay away from the Forums. Hope to hear from someone in authority soon and get this resolved finally.
Ian W
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

The Digital Care Team mentioned by Kelly won't be here again to pick this up until Monday. They'll make sure problem solution is progressing properly and hopefully it won't be long before it gets fixed.
David
David
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi DelphGeek,
I'm really sorry about this, in particular the further delay and confusion. I'll add an update to your ticket detailing how we'd like to make amends, and make sure we get an engineer booked for you as soon as is possible.
To explain the delay, unfortunately once a provisioning order has been closed (as this was on the 3rd September) the issue must be raised as a fault which is in part why you've had to explain things over and over - though I hope this hasn't happened too much as the information should all be there on your account, so I'll make sure our agents were picking up on this as they should have been and feed back where required.
I'll update this post as soon as an engineer has been booked.